Solved

How do i get into Athens Greece?

Recently I have been looking at the trains into Athens Greece from Prague. In the Rail planner I went from Prague to Athens and found no trains. Then I put Belgrade, which didn't even come up. Finally I put Skopje Macedonia to Athens and also couldn't find a train. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is there no longer a way to Athens with the eurail?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 30 May 2022, 13:46

View original

3 replies

We also want to go to greece from serbia. An option is to go to croatia and then italy with ferrie to corfu. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Dobri den?

Not just that but also NO trains over border from Hrvatska-Rep. Serbije NOR Serbije-Macedonija, NOR Mac-GR. The rails were not maintained since Yugoslavija fell apart some 30+ yrs ago and this means they are fallen apart and are too dangerous to have trains on them. large scale renovation is now under way for B-pest Beograd-the rest not yet.

WIZZair offers quite cheap low-cost flites anywhere in east EUR-or smartwings (pay extra for anything else as just a seat).
The czechs, landliocked as they are, flock to the coast of SLOvenija/Hrvatska (sagfe, also In EU) with special holiday trains of RegioJet. Passes not valid on these trains.

There are no trains to Greece. 

Διεθνείς Σιδηροδρομικές Γραμμές - TrainOSE

It’s possible to go by ferry from Italy.

Or by bus or plane (not included in your rail pass).