Skip to main content

Hi,

We are traveling this summer across central europe, & I’m having issues to make seat reservation for some trains. Here is the route:

• Split > Zagreb : reservation needed
  • Zagreb > Budapest : no reservation needed :)
  • Budapest > Krakow (PL) : can’t find a place to make a reservation
  • Krakow > Prague : same can’t find a place to make a reservation.

For trains inside a give country it’s more o less ok depending on the websites, but when going to another country I can’t find a way to only reserve my seat.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You cannot online as it has to be done locally at the station. No trains are not fully booked weeks ahead

Find the overveiw of seewulf-linked into by anna fra Servige in about any same post-ofr more info and other trips

Here is a link to the topic that @mcadv refers to.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get more advice. 

Here is a link to the topic that @mcadv refers to.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get more advice. 

I’m having a similar issue. The question is: isn’t making reservations via other ways rather than Eurail website more expensive? For example: Budapest-Bucarest night train is 13.40 EUR if booked via Eurail. I can’t buy it since it’s a paper one and delivery times are 6 weeks.

But is almost 40 EUR if booked via Romanian railways website.

What should I do? Is it likely to find one if I buy directly in a Budapestian station? Are discounts for passholders applied if booked in person and not via website?

Thanks in advance

I’m having a similar issue. The question is: isn’t making reservations via other ways rather than Eurail website more expensive? For example: Budapest-Bucarest night train is 13.40 EUR if booked via Eurail. I can’t buy it since it’s a paper one and delivery times are 6 weeks.

But is almost 40 EUR if booked via Romanian railways website.

40€ is a normal ticket. No pass needed.

At least one of the night trains Budapest-Bucharest trains should be bookable via ÖBB, without Interrail's booking fees. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets.