Solved

No reservation possible from Stockholm to Narvik NT94

• 25 February 2023
  • 36 replies

Show first post

36 replies

I’m also waiting to buy these tickets for Stockholm to Narvik.

As already noted, the non-direct train is available already and can be bought with Interrail on sk and trainplanet website. 

Does anyone know the details for cancellation of tickets on these sites? I would be buying a compartment supplement for an existing Interrail. This shows as “refundable” but I can’t find the terms that say this is definitely 100% refundable, no fee etc. 

I am thinking of booking this so I at least have something planned - then if and when the direct NT94 tickets open up I would cancel the other one. 

I’m not sure it’s the best solution. I was considering doing that as well but i think the booking fee will be lost… not sure I didn’t really get a clear answer from SJ.

Badge +2

I’m also waiting to buy these tickets for Stockholm to Narvik.

As already noted, the non-direct train is available already and can be bought with Interrail on sk and trainplanet website. 

Does anyone know the details for cancellation of tickets on these sites? I would be buying a compartment supplement for an existing Interrail. This shows as “refundable” but I can’t find the terms that say this is definitely 100% refundable, no fee etc. 

I am thinking of booking this so I at least have something planned - then if and when the direct NT94 tickets open up I would cancel the other one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The beginning of June is still more than 2 months away so there's still time left. As comfort, no-one else can make the reservations either, so if you check every other day if the reservations are possible, you will most likely get a reservation. 

The days passes but still nothing opens for the first 2 weeks of june.

How risky is it to keep waiting for tickets to open for those date? How close to the departure date is it safe to wait to book the ticket ?

I need to book 1 sleeping compartiment for the 05th june. 

Ideally I would take the 18:10 direct train but it’s not available yet. I see that the 21:56 with a stop is available for that date but that’s definitly not my first choice.

In the faq I see that they speak that the ticket might only be release a few weeks in advance…. but it’s getting frustratign (and boring) to keep checking every day if the tickets are their or not :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have made several Interrail reservations at sj.se without problem. Just use I11111111 as the pass number.

The night train to Narvik is run by VY and they release the tickets about 90 days in advance. SJ has currently released their tickets until the 28th of May, but due to uncertainty regarding construction works during some periods, up to 40 % of the reservations during those periods are not released yet.

any idea when it will be available for the period of 4/5/6 june ? Thx :)

No, but I have sent an email to VY customer support and asked.

I have made several Interrail reservations at sj.se without problem. Just use I11111111 as the pass number.

The night train to Narvik is run by VY and they release the tickets about 90 days in advance. SJ has currently released their tickets until the 28th of May, but due to uncertainty regarding construction works during some periods, up to 40 % of the reservations during those periods are not released yet.

any idea when it will be available for the period of 4/5/6 june ? Thx :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You need to add the Interrail/Eurail as a discount under passenger details! 

A quick guide with some screenshots when you go reserve places for pass holders ob sj.se (for when the booking is opened, now it is too early for August like @AnnaB said).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now I have a login on sj.se, but I am not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code???

You don't need a login on sj.se to book.

What do you mean by "not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code”? What are you trying to enter and what happens then?

IIRC sj.se is quite happy to accept any number, although I usually enter I11111111. It's not printed on the reservation.

Hello

That sounds great thanks.

Now I have a login on sj.se, but I am not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code??? 
I contacted sj.se customer support and they sent my back to Interrail app planner for the reservation :-(
Do you have evidence that it works on sj.se to book a sleeping car with the Interrail Promo code? 

Thanks so much!

Yvan

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure you can book a couchette or a sleeper. Book on sj.se, add Interrail as your discount card and you'll get a choice:

For August you'll have to wait though.