Solved

One Country Pass Rance; Bruxelles to Bordeaux included? Reservation needed?

Hello fellow travelers 👋

I'm looking for information regarding my trip from Bruxelles to Bordeaux. I'd be traveling with the One Country Pass for France. My question: is the Thalys train connection Bruxelles-Midi to Paris Nord included in the One Country Pass for France and do I only need to pay for the reservation or do I have to buy a separate ticket which is not the Interrail one? It is a direct connection so I don't know which rule applies. Your help would be appreciated 🙏 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 22:04

View original

5 replies

Thanks a lot for the helpful information! Appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So checking if this Route is directly driven by SNCF with a TGV could mean that I can use my One Country Pass for France even if I start in Bruxelles?

The TGVs (not Thalys) from Brussels to France can indeed be used when you only have a pass for France. Reservation is 20€ in 2nd and 30€ in 1st class. Be warned though that there are not many passholder seats available in these trains, especially around weekends.

And if I don't find this option then booking a train from Bruxelles to Lille and from there continue to use my One Country Pass for France ?

Yes, you can do that. You will then need an additional ticket from Brussels to the border.

Not sure I'm following correctly.

So checking if this Route is directly driven by SNCF with a TGV could mean that I can use my One Country Pass for France even if I start in Bruxelles?

And if I don't find this option then booking a train from Bruxelles to Lille and from there continue to use my One Country Pass for France ?

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are-or maybe at least on seasonal dates, DIRECT TGV from SNCF doing this route-bypassing Paris=no need for the cumbersome metro via stations change. Otherwise these trains strat from Lille=just over border. NMBS charges much less for local tickets as for INTERN.

Supplmt to use Thls with pass is 30€=nearly as much as cheapest normal ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Thalys, you need a pass or multiple passes valid for the whole route.