Solved

One Country Pass Rance; Bruxelles to Bordeaux included? Reservation needed?

Hello fellow travelers 👋

I'm looking for information regarding my trip from Bruxelles to Bordeaux. I'd be traveling with the One Country Pass for France. My question: is the Thalys train connection Bruxelles-Midi to Paris Nord included in the One Country Pass for France and do I only need to pay for the reservation or do I have to buy a separate ticket which is not the Interrail one? It is a direct connection so I don't know which rule applies. Your help would be appreciated 🙏 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 22:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Thalys, you need a pass or multiple passes valid for the whole route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are-or maybe at least on seasonal dates, DIRECT TGV from SNCF doing this route-bypassing Paris=no need for the cumbersome metro via stations change. Otherwise these trains strat from Lille=just over border. NMBS charges much less for local tickets as for INTERN.

Supplmt to use Thls with pass is 30€=nearly as much as cheapest normal ticket

Not sure I'm following correctly.

So checking if this Route is directly driven by SNCF with a TGV could mean that I can use my One Country Pass for France even if I start in Bruxelles?

And if I don't find this option then booking a train from Bruxelles to Lille and from there continue to use my One Country Pass for France ?

Thanks again for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So checking if this Route is directly driven by SNCF with a TGV could mean that I can use my One Country Pass for France even if I start in Bruxelles?

The TGVs (not Thalys) from Brussels to France can indeed be used when you only have a pass for France. Reservation is 20€ in 2nd and 30€ in 1st class. Be warned though that there are not many passholder seats available in these trains, especially around weekends.

And if I don't find this option then booking a train from Bruxelles to Lille and from there continue to use my One Country Pass for France ?

Yes, you can do that. You will then need an additional ticket from Brussels to the border.

Thanks a lot for the helpful information! Appreciated