Solved

Paper reservation tickets - did not receive them

• 19 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I have paid on the 5th of august reservation tickets from Barcelona to Lyon, departure 29th at 9h13. The tickets are on paper and not online. 

The payment is already from my account number, but I still have not received tickets. I also haven’t received an e-mail to confirm the booking, and it can not be found in my reservations on my interrail account. 

I want to contact interrail to receive conformation of the booking. And I want to change the address, because I am already traveling.    

Who knows how I can contact interrail? Or other things I can do?

Greetings,

Kristoff

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 19 August 2022, 13:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you didn't get any confirmation email and the reservation are not in your account, then something went wrong with the reservation.

You need to make a new reservation elsewhere and also contact Customer Support through the form below and ask for a refund of the money for the reservation you never got.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Here are the known ways of making the reservation between Spain and France:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18423#post18423

Hello,

I also contacted Renfe, but they told me they can not book trains from Barcelona to Lyon. Reservations can only be made for trains within Spain. 

If I try to book with interrail it is again with paper tickets. I am concerned the paper tickets will never reach on time. 

Wat can I do to book the train tickets so I can get the tickets by mail or receive them immediately?

Kindly regards,

Kristoff

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I also contacted Renfe, but they told me they can not book trains from Barcelona to Lyon. Reservations can only be made for trains within Spain.

RENFE can book Barcelona to Lyon (multiple people did it). You can also book it via the other ways mentioned in the article AnnaB posted. But that is with limitations such as collecting it within a certain time after pre-booking it, see the article.

Wat can I do to book the train tickets so I can get the tickets by mail or receive them immediately?

Call SNCF. That is also mentioned in the artica AnnaB posted. They can send it via email.

Hello,

We are glad we got home with the support of SNCF.

Because my paper tickets never arrived, I had to cancel two payed train tickets:

• Barcelona - Lyon: €114 (paper tickets)
  • Lyon - Lille: €110

The last one were online tickets, so I have received a refund of €80. Still €30 left. 

The cancellation of the tickets are because of the malfunction of the booking system of interrail. I have asked the refund of all my payments through the link in the previous message. Interrail has received a copy of the payment of the paper tickets from my account number. 

But after a first answer with an apology of the malfunction, I still have not get any refund and/or compensation. I have send several mails to get an answer for the refund, but interrail is not reacting. 

Does anybody know what to do to get a reaction of interrail? Their support is until now really disappointing.

Kindly regards,

Kristoff

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Keep adding comments to your existing request. But also be aware that problems of people who are currently travelling have priority over refunds.

Thank you for you answer, but I read that you do not work for interrail. So your answer isn’t helpful. 

It seems that a solution is my responsibility, because you suggest to keep adding comments. So it seems nothing will happen if I don’t do that. It is the responsibility of interrail to solve the problem of the mistake of their booking system. 

I am looking forward for a comment of interrail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It seems that a solution is my responsibility, because you suggest to keep adding comments. So it seems nothing will happen if I don’t do that.

That is normally not the case but customer service has been very busy and I'm not sure if they've already caught up with their backlog.

Also keep in mind that new emails will just create new support requests, making the support backlog longer, hence my suggestion to add to the existing request.