Solved

Problem with seat reservations - no price results

• 26 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Dear fellow travelers,

I am quite confused with Inter Rail's reservation tool. Hopefully you can help me!

The situation is as follows: I bought an Interrail pass a while ago. With that pass I want to take the train from Milan to Brig (Switzerland). The app states that I have to make a seat reservation for this train. When I wanted to use the online reservation tool to make this reservation, I was not able to select any price/seat (see picture below), while the app shows me that the reservation costs are €11. 

Does this mean the train is already fully booked? Or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Nanja 28 July 2021, 11:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, our information relies on the timetable data provided by carriers. In case you see the message '’no price results found'’ we cannot get a price from the booking system for this train and therefore it is not bookable through us. It could be possible that it is because the train/connection is not running. Therefore, we advise you to check the website of the carrier for most updated information. Other dates do show the option to book so it looks like it is fully booked on the day you were searching. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As Backup there are direct Regionaltrains from Milan to Domodossola with connection for a train to Brig/Spiez/Bern :) these are reservation free

This is happening to me as well. If I went to buy a reservation ticket on the company website , how do I prove I’ve got a interrail ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

CanNOT book directly via that site.

Find and READ overveiw by seewulf on howtodo all by yourself and for cheaper too on the various railways-or sneeky ways around

Its never wise to ask something different again-and also read above: perfectly possible on slower times by suing local trains and change Domodossola

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is happening to me as well. If I went to buy a reservation ticket on the company website , how do I prove I’ve got a interrail ticket?

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.