Skip to main content
Solved

Reservation on DB website

• 3 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I would like to book a train in Germany (DB ICE) through the DB website and not through the Interrail website. If I understand correctly, I just need to check "Book seat only," search for the desired route, and reserve my seat. Then, in case of inspection, I show my Interrail pass and my seat reservation. Can you confirm this ?

Thx, have a nice day !

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Correct.

You only need to show the reservation when it's mandatory. If it's optional, the ticket inspector won't be interested.

If you only book 1 train, then tickets.oebb.at is cheaper, only €3.

OK thanks !

And I saw that it was not possible to reserve trains to or from France on the DB site. But when I look on the DB site, seat reservation is possible for an ICE train departing from Germany and arriving in Paris. Do you know more about this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

DB sells 4.90€ reservations on this route but it is not enough for Interrail passengers. SNCF staff will happily fine you if you get that one...

You need a passholder fare (18€) for the France-Germany TGVs/ICEs. Available on https://www.raileurope.com/en (desktop version, click on add rail pass) or on interrail.eu with a 2€ extra fee.