Solved

Seat reservation Bergen - Oslo - did not receive receipt and actual ticket

• 10 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi everybody, 

me and my friend booked a seat reservation for the train Bergen-Oslo. It was supposed to arrive at our hostel (Hostel Montana, paper ticket..) but it never arrived. And the fact is that we didn’t get any email/receipt but we payed. 
now we have two options: to explain our situation on the train (but I don’t know if it’s a good idea) or buy another seat reservation (but as I said we’ve already paid and It’s unfair..)

Can someone help us? 
Thanks in advance :))

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 August 2022, 14:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Depending  on your timing:

If you are already in Bergen I would go to the ticket office and explain. They may have a copy of your reservation on their system and be able to issue a copy.

We’ve already been there and they couldn’t find it. We booked another seat reservation…do you know if it’s possible to have a refund of the previous one since it’s not our fault? 
Thank you very much!

Maddalena 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where did you buy the previous reservation?

Online, on the official “Eurail” website

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. Then you need to contact Customer Support through the form below and ask for a refund of the money you paid for the reservation you never got.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Okay, perfect! Thank you so much 

It seems that this is a common issue and they refuse to provide a refund. For anyone in the future, I'd recommend going straight to the train company for seat reservations instead of using eurail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It seems that this is a common issue and they refuse to provide a refund. For anyone in the future, I'd recommend going straight to the train company for seat reservations instead of using eurail. 

This is the standard advice anyway, posted here daily.