Solved

Seat reservations required but prices unavailable

• 13 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone. 

I’m supposed to travel from Paris starting on the 31th of July and cross Germany - Tchek Republic - Slovakia - Hungary - Serbia - Croatia - Slovenia - Italy - …

I NEED HELP. I can’t book ANY trains or at least the ones I’ve tried. Everytime it says “Prices unavailable

No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board.”

PLEASE help I am losing it.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 13 July 2022, 16:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For the ICE to Karlsruhe, try to book via SNCF Ticket office or SNCF Call Center. 

For the ship, I have no idea. Maybe via the ship company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For Greek ferries, check the link and scroll down to Greek ferries.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/how-do-i-book-my-reservations

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you get in trouble with more train reservations you can look at the advice from the experienced travellers. Please read more below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are wrong-and there was/is little reason to get upset-except perhaps at believing again in the site-sue other ones as anna links to.

In fact-except for overnighttrains-and you were apparently so mad that you forgot the essential details-untill Serbije you do NOT need to make REServ-but it can be done. Hop over border FR-DE on local train. Use a better planner-that of bahn.com gives more details, more routes and is frequently updated-the details include exactly if RES is mandatory/optional/or not even possible.

NO trains at all into Serbije over the border-skip that unless the wish to see Beograd is so immense big that…….you pay for a  bus

There are dozens of ferries doing various runs from IT to GR ports-and all must be REServed via their own site-or, but this is not advisable, via 1 of the 10-12 various comparing ferry-bookers sites. Do not stare blind at the assumed discount-all give discounts to ju/senior.