Skip to main content
Solved

Sitzplätze buchen TGV

• 17 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Hallo, ich bin gerade dabei die Sitzplatzreservierung für den TGV zu buchen. Das wären 22 Euro. Dann wenns darum geht  “Ich akzeptiere sämtliche Buchungsbedingungen” anzudrücken, springt der preis immer auf 40 Euro.

Ist das normal?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On French TGVs there is a 10€ limited fare and then it goes up to 20€ pp until the train sells out.

Interrail doesn’t show availability until you’re logged in so it will always show 10€ at first… (a bit annoying!).

Use Rail Europe (desktop version) to avoid fees. Interrail adds 2€ per person per train.

Here’s a good guide: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Badge +1

On French TGVs there is a 10€ limited fare and then it goes up to 20€ pp until the train sells out.

Interrail doesn’t show availability until you’re logged in so it will always show 10€ at first… (a bit annoying!).

Use Rail Europe (desktop version) to avoid fees. Interrail adds 2€ per person per train.

Here’s a good guide: https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Hello,

Sorry I don't really understand. I tried to book via Rail Europe and it doesn't work there. So I tried again at Interrail website and it always doubles up my price..

Badge +1

and I am logged in actually, so I am confused

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What’s the route and travel date? For 2 people, right? I’d like to check so we can clear up the misunderstanding.

On Rail Europe (desktop) you can click on “add rail pass” and select your journey. It will show you whether the train costs 10€ or 20€ per person.

When you’re logged in on interrail.eu the price updates: from 10€ + 2€ fee pp to 20€ + 2€ fee.

(It’s also possible that Interrail has a bug at the moment and that the price is only corrected at checkout...)

Badge +1

What’s the route and travel date? For 2 people, right? I’d like to check so we can clear up the misunderstanding.

On Rail Europe (desktop) you can click on “add rail pass” and select your journey. It will show you whether the train costs 10€ or 20€ per person.

When you’re logged in on interrail.eu the price updates: from 10€ + 2€ fee pp to 20€ + 2€ fee.

(It’s also possible that Interrail has a bug at the moment and that the price is only corrected at checkout...)

Thank you for your help. 16.05 from Paris EST to Frankfurt.

On railway it always says “Rail Pass is valid for the entire journey, but there are no saleable fares “ so I can't book.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Could you please post screenshots of what you see? Are you a group of 2 people? What's the travel date?

The more info you give the better we'll be able to help.

The fare for this train should be 18€ per person (+ 2€ fee through interrail.eu).

And yeah Rail Europe seems to have issues on their website... try again later maybe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Travel date is missing. Please provide complete details if you still want help.