Solved

SOS train Karlsruhe hbf to paris

• 6 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone

please help. I bought Eurail seat reservations from offenburg to Paris. When I got to offenburg I asked a conductor if the train was going to Strasbourgh where I would catch a connecting train to Paris. They said yes. I’m now on the train, reliving it’s not going to Strasbourg but to Karlsruhe HBF. I’m so upset, I had paid for seat resos already too. What are my options? 

the trains on the app say I cannot buy seat reservations. I’m assuming this is my fault and I’ll have to repurchase seat reservations again but I don’t know what to do 

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 6 September 2022, 14:09

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would suggest that you check in to the SNCF office in Strasbourg and explain the issue to them. may well just exchange your reservation. I would suggest it was DBs fault for wrong advice rather than your fault.

At worst you will have to get a new reservation for 20 euro for next train with an available seat. If there are any IR pass seats available the fee will be 10 euro.

Under no circumstances will you have to buy a retail ticket as your pass is totally flexible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Apparently there are local trains across the border from Karlsruhe to Strasbourg with no reservation costs.

Apparently there are local trains across the border from Karlsruhe to Strasbourg with no reservation costs.

Thank you so much. I’m in line at the ticket office at Karlshue. So upsetting because we ran onto the train after asking too. When we talked to the conductor she said we should go back 45 min to Strasbourgh but we would miss our train by 10 minutes. We decided to stay here and see if we can get something. I’ll keep this updated in case anyone else runs into this problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No. There are-about hourly-small (diesel-even if complete under wires and in an area that says to be so eco-friendly) sets by SWEG (and sometimes SNCF) OFFENBurg-Strasbourg, via Kehl.

Coming off KA one can sometimes change to them at Appenweier (which is a kind of triangle stop just before the junction).

There is an ALT way via Lauterbourg-but that means more changes and need to check times as in FR its not on a fixed timing like every hour.

I am now also again in DE/Germany and I am a bit surprised-why ask_ on ALL platforms are always screens that clearly show what the train is for and what stops it makes.

I am now also again in DE/Germany and I am a bit surprised-why ask_ on ALL platforms are always screens that clearly show what the train is for and what stops it makes.

We had a very very short layover time due to our first train being delayed, and we asking someone is usually faster. We didn’t know until we got onto the train. Anyways; an update: the information desk told us to wait till the next train from Karlsruhe to Paris and explain what happened to the conductor. They weren’t able to change or make reservations but because we had already paid she said they would most likely let us board if there’s free seats. 

there is no free seats. myself along w many others are sitting on the floor/standing along the sides but I’m grateful to have made it on board :)

Hi everyone

please help. I bought Eurail seat reservations from offenburg to Paris. When I got to offenburg I asked a conductor if the train was going to Strasbourgh where I would catch a connecting train to Paris. They said yes. I’m now on the train, reliving it’s not going to Strasbourg but to Karlsruhe HBF. I’m so upset, I had paid for seat resos already too. What are my options? 

the trains on the app say I cannot buy seat reservations. I’m assuming this is my fault and I’ll have to repurchase seat reservations again but I don’t know what to do 

For anyone following this, we ended up going to the information office at Karlshue and explaining our problem. We were told to go to the platform and ask the conductor as we had paid for reservations and to show him that. The conductor let us on (thank gosh, it was the last train to Paris) but is was fully packed so we sat on the floor (along with many many others lol). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Use the apps of the train companies to know wich platform you have to take.