Solved

Spain Trains

• 21 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’m in need of assistance. 
I bought a Eurail pass and was told to book my reservations for my Spain tickets at the ticket booth. However, I’m nervous that they will sell out before then. My trip break down is as follows: 

Sevilla → Madrid on the 27th of August 

Madrid → Barcelone on the 29th of August 

Barcelona → Valence (France) so I can get to Marseille the 31st of August 

please let me know!! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 22 August 2022, 01:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, you can check on renfe.com if seats are left on this trains, trying to book a normal ticket. Pass holder can book a reservation for all available seats in the class they have in the pass or lower. But RENFE in spain has confusing names for classes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 2 first have trains-the superfast AVE-ev hour, so on slack times there will be a seat. Quell all those fears.

To go to Msl=FR, =over border, this will cost an awful lot more, there are probably quota for passholders-so for that it is wise to inform yourself about ALTernatives-and there are many besides this 1 and only direct train. Can do it even without any extra pay on local=regional trains. Can set app to that-just play a bit more and get informed. This meansa slower ride, but also much more to see= what trains were intended to be so good for.

Also look at a map: you do not need to go far north as Valence to reach Msl-change Tarascon or Avignon (unless of course you have some reason to go there)

Hi, you can check on renfe.com if seats are left on this trains, trying to book a normal ticket. Pass holder can book a reservation for all available seats in the class they have in the pass or lower. But RENFE in spain has confusing names for classes. 

Hi! Thanks for your response!! 
I’m still confused a bit- how do I book the ticket at the rate of the reservation add on and not paying for the whole ticket. I can’t find an option on Renfe to do this. Or do I have to purchase a whole ticket aside from the pass I bought through Eurail? 

The 2 first have trains-the superfast AVE-ev hour, so on slack times there will be a seat. Quell all those fears.

To go to Msl=FR, =over border, this will cost an awful lot more, there are probably quota for passholders-so for that it is wise to inform yourself about ALTernatives-and there are many besides this 1 and only direct train. Can do it even without any extra pay on local=regional trains. Can set app to that-just play a bit more and get informed. This meansa slower ride, but also much more to see= what trains were intended to be so good for.

Also look at a map: you do not need to go far north as Valence to reach Msl-change Tarascon or Avignon (unless of course you have some reason to go there)

Hi! 
i noticed that with the valence and I’m honestly unsure why it had taken me that way when I plugged it in. 
I’m very lost on how to go about doing it without extra pay? I’m bummed because I bought the 15 day pass and ended up having to purchase a deprecate train from london to Paris so trying to avoid this. I’ve been attempting it for quite some time and think my brain has reached its limit on finding a solution! 
Any more help is appreciated :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here are the known ways of buying reservations on domestic Spanish trains. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419