Trains in Croatia ontime performance

• 26 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

So quick question I was wondering if trains in Croatia are on time.
In one of my trips I have 30 minutes of changing time which is more then enough normally.
But I don't know if I'll make that and if trains in Croatia are generally on time.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It depends on the line. What is your timetable?

So my plan was to take the train from lovinac at 17:09 and then change trains in Zagreb I will arrive there at 20:57 and my connection departs around 21:22, could be a little later.
Is this to optimistic or just fine? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For the train to Zagreb, it varies, as far as I know. But the previous train is almost 6 hours earlier, so there's not much choice...

For the train to Zagreb, it varies, as far as I know. But the previous train is almost 6 hours earlier, so there's not much choice...

That is very true, I could always try to arrange something else but I would rather not ofc.
Thank your for the answer :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

According to recent reports in a German railway forum you should count in delays here… the train might also get completely cancelled in the worst case.
It is mostly a one track line from Split to Zagreb and during summer there are several summer trains coming from HU/CZ/AT, which are often having a huge delay. Means long waiting for the train in stations until the track is free to continue. 

So you should definitely have a plan b in your pocket ;-) It can work, but likelihood is far away from 100% :D.

Good luck and safe trip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

According to recent reports in a German railway forum you should count in delays here… the train might also get completely cancelled in the worst case.
It is mostly a one track line from Split to Zagreb and during summer there are several summer trains coming from HU/CZ/AT, which are often having a huge delay. Means long waiting for the train in stations until the track is free to continue. 

So you should definitely have a plan b in your pocket ;-) It can work, but likelihood is far away from 100% :D.

Yes, I think we're reading the same forum :)

Also, as soon as you think your connection is in danger, inform the train staff about it. They may be able to hold it (within certain limits, for sure).