Solved

Can't book seat reservation; it says to book at the station but than it might be fully booked. What to do ?

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi, mi name is Sofía. I’m from Argentina. 

I’m traveling to Europe from July 11th to August 5th and I’m struggling with seat reservations. 

My itinerary:

From Madrid (12-13-14-15 of July) —> To Barcelona.

From Barcelona (16-17-18-19 of July) —> To Paris.

From Paris (20-21-22-23-24 of July) —> To London. 

From London (25-26-27-28 of July) —> To Amsterdam.

From Amsterdam (29-30-31-1-2-3-4) —> To Madrid.

We are traveling by train to each city and I can’t book reservations online. The page keeps telling me that I need to make seat reservations physically at each train station, but I’m worried that, once there, I won’t be able to get any because there won’t be any more seats available. How can I get sure that I’m going to have a seat? Is there an alternative option to make a reservation besides going to the train station presently? 

I’ll wait for your answer. 

Thanks,

Sofía.

icon

Best answer by Sofía Saravia 27 June 2022, 23:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Eurostar beween mainland Europe and the UK only have a limited number of pass holder seats and during high season most departures sell out weeks and sometimes months in advance.

Hi, thank you for replying so fast. I’ve looked at the guide carefully but I still cannot find a solution to make seat reservations for the train that goes from Madrid to Barcelona.  

This are my travel details:

• Departure date: 07-15-2022
  • Departure time: 9:30 am
  • Arrival time: 12:37 am
  • Route: Madrid- Puerta de Atocha to Barcelona- Sants.

Thank you, 

Sofía.

AnnaB wrote:

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is information about reservations of domestic Spanish trains. You need to do that in Spain.

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18419#post18419

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mad->Bcn has fast AVE trenes by RENFE ev hour-and REServ can in fact only be done at a counter of RENFE-have to show pass and valid travelday. If you can avoid peak hrs and be a bit flexible, you will find space. There are also 2 newer low-cost competitors-these do not accept passes, AVLO and OuiGo. Note that Mad was extremely sahara-hot the last summers, so anyone who could escaped that city.