Solved

Boden C connection from Stockholm to Haparanda

• 18 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

On February 20th I will travel from Stockholm to Haparanda on the way to Rovaniemi. We are concerned that the Boden connection is only 11 minutes. Every day for the last 2 weeks the train from Stockholm has arrived late in Boden. Also today /13 minutes/ My question is, does the train to Haparanda wait for the arrival of the train from Stockholm and possibly until how many minutes late is the connection to Haparanda provided?

icon

Best answer by Wilkosz 18 February 2024, 11:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Doesn't the source where you got the realtime information on train 94 also give information on the connecting train to Haparanda?

Have you asked Vy Norrtåg about it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unfortunately no. The train from Luleå to Haparanda via Boden is not in the traffic information on the website of SJ. Website from VY Norrtag is only in swedish and I find there no daily traffik information.

Unfortunately no. The train from Luleå to Haparanda via Boden is not in the traffic information on the website of SJ. Website from VY Norrtag is only in swedish and I find there no daily traffik information.

Regarding vy web page: You do see earlier real time timetables (last five days) symply by choosing an earlier date. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Regarding vy web page: You do see earlier real time timetables (last five days) symply by choosing an earlier date. 

Where? Can you send me that link? I can not find this.

Where? Can you send me that link? I can not find this.

See travel suggestions | vy.se

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, it seems, that this train does not waiting...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On this website you can look for real time data for Swedish train if you know the train number. 

https://1409.se/trains/Rst

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My experience is that Norrtåg doesn't wait for late trains. My daughter and I hade to wait for 1,5 hours in Sundsvall the other day when our train from Stockholm was late and we missed the connection to the Norrtåg train.

If you get stuck in Boden you have to pay for the bus to Luleå. From Luleå to Haparanda your Interrail pass is valid on the bus.