Solved

Can't figure the website

• 13 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

OK  I think of myself as fairly savvy and experienced but I’m trying to rough out a train route for an upcoming trip but, although I know there are trains to Bayreuth, Germany, the destination pops up as not known!

In the past I know I booked trains from Frankfurt and Hamburg.  Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 13 February 2024, 17:49

View original

6 replies

Where are you trying this? In the railplanner app, “Bayreuth Hbf” pops up. And there are a lot of trains going there.

It does pop up in Eurail’s railplanner app for smartphones, it does pop up in Eurail’s web timetable, it does pop up in german railways own web timetable (www.bahn.de). I can’t find any timetable at all where “Bayreuth Hbf” isn’t shown. 

Badge

I thought it was railplanner   do you mean app for phone or on computer’

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On Rail Planner “Hauptbahnhof, Bayreuth” does not work but “Bayreuth Hbf” does.

For timetables I suggest using DB Navigator app : much more reliable.

Badge

When you say app that implies phone.  I so much prefer using my laptop as I am old and my fingers often misclick on iphone

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can use bahn.com then. It’s also a tool of the German Railways (DB). It works well all across Europe.

You’ll have to use the Rail Planner app at some point anyway : you need to log there each train you’d like to take. This can be done at any point prior to boarding and will give you a QR code (your ticket).

Badge

Yes but in planning it’s so much easier to use a computer then just go on app to get passes, tickets etc

Thanks