Skip to main content
Solved

Eurostar seat reservation

• 19 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I'm trying to check to see if there are any seats available for our trip from London to Amsterdam on 6 September 2024, early I know but I don't want to buy a global eurail pass if there isn't.

It shows that there are: "No connections matching your requests. Please change your search options (e.g. allow any type of trains, don't specify a via station or reduce extra transfer time."

Am I to early or are there no seats left?🤔

4 replies

Because of no fixed timetable on the railway line between Bruxelles and Amsterdam it’s not possible to book from London to Amsterdam between august 9th and september 9th and on certain weekends yet - you need to wait and have a look when it will become available.

It’s possible to book from London to Bruxelles yet. From there, there are connecting trains to Amsterdam every hour. 

Oh, OK. Thanks.

So, to clarify,  I will need to reserve seats on both journeys? ie. London to Bruxelles and Bruxelles to Amsterdam?

The IC trains from Bruxelles to Amsterdam don’t need a reservation (do run every hour, normally at x.45).

Eurostar trains do need a reservation. Better take the hourly IC train. 

Of course you may wait if the direct train becomes available, too,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Brussels to Amsterdam has hourly reservation-free direct trains : IC Direct leaving Brussels-Midi at xx:45. Simply log the train before boarding and hop on.

There are also slightly faster continental Eurostars on the same route : 27€ mandatory reservation + passholder quota → don’t use them!

However I wouldn’t book anything yet. Wait a few weeks and see if the direct London - Amsterdam trains are running on your date. They’ll likely do as works are taking place on weekends.