Skip to main content
Solved

Germany one country passes

• 4 January 2024
  • 2 replies

If I buy the one country pass for Germany, it clearly states that you can cross certain borders to certain towns. For example you can travel from Munich to Innsbruck , or Germany to Venice, Italy. My question is, there is a train that goes from Munich to Innsbruck and I want to get off and walk around site see, and get back on the train 2 hours later and continue to Venice. 
Since I am technically getting off the train in Innsbruck and walking around will that invalidate the trip to Venice or will I be allowed to use the pass that way??

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If I buy the one country pass for Germany, it clearly states that you can cross certain borders to certain towns. For example you can travel from Munich to Innsbruck , or Germany to Venice, Italy. My question is, there is a train that goes from Munich to Innsbruck and I want to get off and walk around site see, and get back on the train 2 hours later and continue to Venice. 
Since I am technically getting off the train in Innsbruck and walking around will that invalidate the trip to Venice or will I be allowed to use the pass that way??

As long as you stick to the ECs Munich-Italy, you can hop off and on. Just register the actual trains you're using. Innsbruck is explicitly listed on the German Rail Pass page. Wörgl and Jenbach seem to missing but these EC trains also stop there. (@Mukhammad @Camilo. could you please have that fixed? Also on the corresponding Interrail page)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

As long as you stick to the ECs Munich-Italy, you can hop off and on. Just register the actual trains you're using. Innsbruck is explicitly listed on the German Rail Pass page. Wörgl and Jenbach seem to missing but these EC trains also stop there. (@Mukhammad @Camilo. could you please have that fixed? Also on the corresponding Interrail page)

Thanks for informing us @rvdborgt. I'll report it to the content staff. Have a nice day! :)