Solved

Hungary - Problems with reservating a night train via Hungarian Railways (MAV) website - Error because of Field "Floor"

• 28 April 2024
  • 6 replies

The booking system of the Hungarian Railways (MAV) is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any idea how to fill in the “floor/door” field correctly? I've tried every conceivable variant in German (Erdgeschoss), English (first floor) and even Hungarian (1. emelet) with upper and lower case - without success. Each time the following error message appears: “The floor / door field value must be entered in door / floor format.” If you leave the field blank, you will not get any further. And after a while you have to start the booking process all over again. Any advice appreciated!!! 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 28 April 2024, 16:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What are you trying to book? Usually you can avoid their website (which rarely applies the Interrail discount anyway) by booking elsewhere: OBB, CD,...

Otherwise it might work at a DB Reisezentrum too.

Unfortunately the night train to Budapest isn't bookable via DB, CD or OEBB. Don't know why 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which one do you mean? Berlin - Budapest is definitely available through OBB or Nightjet. It could be sold out though depending on the date.

The booking system of the Hungarian Railways (MAV) is driving me crazy. Does anyone have any idea how to fill in the “floor/door” field correctly? I've tried every conceivable variant in German (Erdgeschoss), English (first floor) and even Hungarian (1. emelet) with upper and lower case - without success. Each time the following error message appears: “The floor / door field value must be entered in door / floor format.” If you leave the field blank, you will not get any further. And after a while you have to start the booking process all over again. Any advice appreciated!!! 

It’s no problem to go to the next step without filling this field. It’s not mandatory. I just did reserve a sleeper for the summer. And this field is left blank. It’s definetely not needed.

I tried this for several times, too - and failed. After Hektors answer I tried agan using my laptop (instead of ma mobile phone). This time it worked and I could skip the fied “floor”. Don’t know why. Thanks Hektor!!!

I tried this for several times, too - and failed. After Hektors answer I tried agan using my laptop (instead of ma mobile phone). This time it worked and I could skip the fied “floor”. Don’t know why. Thanks Hektor!!!

I really did not using a smartphone when I did book. Glad it did work.