Solved

Nighttrain traveling one

Badge +4

How to drive alone in a three-seater sleeper cabin?

Let’s say a train from Warsaw to Munich (I don’t know why it’s so cheap, from Padova to Vienna it’s 500 km but it costs the same) and this train leaves at 7 pm from Warsaw and at 10 am to Munich, if you buy a ticket for yourself with an interrail ticket and Also, for example, tickets for travel to 1 station, is it possible that people will not be able to reserve an entire route and no one will join me?

But for some reason the ticket is not available for booking even for one station

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 28 April 2024, 21:38

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A sleeper compartment generally has 3 berths. If you book a single one only the lower berth is ready for you and the other two are folded, etc.

Selecting the 3-people sleeper option is always cheaper as the costs are shared with the other 2 travellers. Sometimes only another person books and you end up being two. In rare cases you could be alone if it’s really outside peak season.

People could board at a later stop than the departure station but usually you can’t board a sleeper at 2am.

Do you have a precise date and route in mind? I can have a look.

Badge +4

A sleeper compartment generally has 3 berths. If you book a single one only the lower berth is ready for you and the other two are folded, etc.

Selecting the 3-people sleeper option is always cheaper as the costs are shared with the other 2 travellers. Sometimes only another person books and you end up being two. In rare cases you could be alone if it’s really outside peak season.

People could board at a later stop than the departure station but usually you can’t board a sleeper at 2am.

Do you have a precise date and route in mind? I can have a look.

Warszawa - Munchen

But OBB writes that arrival is at 10:01, the intercity website also wrote this a couple of hours ago, now it’s 9:46.

As I understand it, you can’t buy a ticket just to travel through one station? if I had chosen a double sleeper cabin and bought another ticket to travel one station, the main flow of people would not have traveled from Warsaw with me and there would have been a chance to go alone

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This night train stops in München Ost (East station) at 09:47 and München Hbf (main station) at 10:01.

What you're saying would be fraud though. The ticket becomes void 15 min after departure if nobody shows up. So it's very likely that someone would board in Krakow for example.

Badge +4

This night train stops in München Ost (East station) at 09:47 and München Hbf (main station) at 10:01.

What you're saying would be fraud though. The ticket becomes void 15 min after departure if nobody shows up. So it's very likely that someone would board in Krakow for example.

I'm understood, thank you.

Or maybe you know some new night trains, because for 150-200 euros it is quite expensive to sleep with a stranger, but of course there is a disadvantage of the new cars with mini cabins - they are cheap, but there is no window.

Badge +4

No, there even seems to be a window there

I'm understood, thank you.

Or maybe you know some new night trains, because for 150-200 euros it is quite expensive to sleep with a stranger, but of course there is a disadvantage of the new cars with mini cabins - they are cheap, but there is no window.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes there is a window and it’s a cool way to travel! I used a mini cabin on Vienna - Bregenz and I can definitely recommend the route: departure is quite late so you have enough time for dinner and arrival isn’t too early. This route is also subsidised: most of the time a mini cabin is 20€ with Interrail, 40€ without. Incredible value! :)

Badge +4

It’s cool, and MUCH cheaper when traveling alone, most likely you won’t hear others snoring there, but there are downsides, there probably won’t be breakfast there, right? it’s not so necessary, but it’s nice, just like the shower itself, it’s not necessary but it’s nice, and the coolest thing about old coupes is that you can sit down whenever you want, people continue to drive them, besides, these mini-cabins aren’t being driven around yet throughout Europe, as I understand it, I don’t know where you can find a complete list of routes

OBB doesn’t write that you will be traveling in a mini cabin, strange

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sure, you get the same breakfast as on other NJs. :) They’re not that well isolated so you still hear people snoring/touching the buttons but it’s an amazing improvement privacy-wise.

Right now the routes are:

• Vienna - Bregenz
  • Vienna/Innsbruck - Hamburg

Later this year or from 2025 they should also run on Germany/Austria - Italy.

Badge +4

Thank you, it’s a pity that they are not insulated and most importantly why, in the old ones you can only hear the noise of the train, and the toilet only when flushed and this happens rarely, but what do you think about these also new ones, but it’s not clear what routes the new cars go on? for 1-3 people?

Badge +4

For some reason I still think that old cars are atmospheric xD, large windows, you can hang your legs somewhere, well, I would go in a new 2-3-seater coupe, but again, where and where can I do this? xD

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The new carriages run on the same route as the mini cabins. It’s a set of carriages, see: https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/nightjet-new-generation.htm

Those sleepers are very expensive, maybe except on Vienna - Bregenz (still over 100€). I would never pay so much for them unfortunately...

Badge +4

The new carriages run on the same route as the mini cabins. It’s a set of carriages, see: https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/nightjet-new-generation.htm

Those sleepers are very expensive, maybe except on Vienna - Bregenz (still over 100€). I would never pay so much for them unfortunately...

But old ones sleeping for 3 people also cost more than 100 euros

Badge +4
315 euros for 800 km, I laugh, this is also from interrail, it seems the route from Vienna to Hamburg is popular, or I don’t know how you can get that kind of money