Solved

Printing reservations on the go

• 15 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a paper pass,bi have made some reservations and printed them out before I set off. If I make a reservation whilst I am travelling,  it says I need to print the reservation out. Is this the case? I don't know how I will be able to do that. Travelling in Italy and Switzerland.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 15 September 2023, 16:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Most reservations can be shown as a PDF on your phone.

Trains in Switzerland do not require reservations and they are just a waste of money.

For  Italy use https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket

add interrail/eurail as discount for each passenger and search for day trains NOT seat only.

Thank you. I very much appreciate your reply.

I have a paper pass,bi have made some reservations and printed them out before I set off. If I make a reservation whilst I am travelling for dirt bike accesories,  it says I need to print the reservation out. Is this the case? I don't know how I will be able to do that. Travelling in Italy and Switzerland.

1. Online Reservations: If you've made reservations online and received an electronic ticket (e-ticket) or a reservation confirmation via email, you may not need to print it out. In many cases, you can simply show the e-ticket or confirmation on your mobile device when asked by train staff or inspectors. Make sure your mobile device is fully charged and that you can access the reservation details offline if needed.

2. Printed Reservations: Some train services may still require printed reservations or tickets. If this is the case, you would need to find a way to print the reservation while traveling. This could potentially be done at train station ticket counters or self-service kiosks, at internet cafes, or in some hotels. It's a good idea to check with station staff or the train service provider for the availability of printing facilities.

3. Train Passes: If you're using a rail pass (such as a Eurail Pass or Swiss Travel Pass) and making seat reservations, the process may vary. Some passes offer the option to make reservations online and receive e-tickets, while others may require you to exchange your pass for a physical ticket at the station, along with your reservation.

4. Specific Train Services: It's important to note that different train operators may have different policies regarding reservations and ticket presentation. It's a good idea to check the specific requirements of the train service you plan to use. You can usually find this information on their official website or by contacting their customer service.