Solved

seat reservation

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, I need to make reservations for these below 2 rides. But I am not traveling with my laptop. How can I book them over the phone? One of them is tomorrow. Please guide me. 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 27 April 2024, 22:15

View original

23 replies

For tomorrow:

https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket

To Paris use raileurope.com and change your internet settings to desktop version. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Hektor , thanks. It says no ticket available.. I selected “seat reservations only” option after putting general info on the 1st page. what to do? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At ÖBB you need to select normal tickets, not seat only. A seat is 14,90 EUR, for a couchette you add 35 EUR and for a sleeper you add 155 EUR.

You did it wrong.

You need to add your railpass as reduction and then choose one way tickets. But just for Linz to Venezia.

For Praha to Linz you may use the seat reservation button. Split your journey.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Hektor and @AnnaB , I did choose the global pass when adding the passengers (me-adult, wife-youth). I am getting the below: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For 1, 2, 3 people? Gender?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@AnnaB  how are you able to to get to your page? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@thibcabe  2. 1 adult male 1 youth female 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Then that's why. Only a single seat and single couchette is left. You could get a sleeper for 400-500€ but I'm pretty sure you want to avoid that.

Please give all info from the start.

I'll check if there are alternatives but not sure at this short notice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The ÖBB app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Then that's why. Only a single seat and single couchette is left. You could get a sleeper for 400-500€ but I'm pretty sure you want to avoid that.

Please give all info from the start.

I'll check if there are alternatives but not sure at this short notice.

I am to leave Prague tomorrow (April 28) afternoon and reach Venice next morning. For 1 adult male and 1 youth female with global pass. Please let me know if you need any other info @thibcabe thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You could get 2 couchettes on the Vienna - La Spezia service, leaving in Verona at 05:51 (2 x 59.90€). You'd have to leave Prague at 14:44.

Feel free to continue further if you want to sleep longer.

Also note a disruption on your original plan: trains are partially replaced by buses between Prague and Linz as a temporary bridge collapsed today. Rail Planner won't give you that info so always double check with the national company (here ÖBB).

EDIT: this is the only option. Book ASAP. Or spend the night along the way like in Bolzano/Bozen.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The ÖBB app.

For the same date and trains?? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@thibcabe  we can also go to Prague to Verona and then go to Venice from Verona. So please suggest if that’s a good option or to bypass the bus ride. Sorry should have booked the seats yesterday as you said.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you want to spend the night on a night train: do Prague - Vienna - Verona (or even Milan). This bypasses the buses.

Or spend the night in South Tyrol (for example) and finish the travel the next day. Either using a second pass day or buying cheap regional tickets.

About your other issue/question: the Zurich - Paris TGV is available on 3rd May. Book through Rail Europe to avoid fees (29€ reservation).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@thibcabe I can do Prague - Verona tomorrow . Please suggest me which one and what to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So during the day? The easiest option to Venice would be:

- EC Prague - Linz 06:21 - 10:06 (indicative) -> you'll change to a bus in Pregarten

- enough margin

- RJ Linz - Venice 12:19 - 20:05 3€ reservation + 10€ passholder supplement (available on ÖBB, add Eurail as a discount)

Or via Innsbruck towards Verona:

- same EC/bus to Linz

- Linz - Innsbruck -> looking for a train that still has seats... (otherwise you'll likely stand). For example Westbahn 10:26 - 13:29 or 12:26 - 15:26 (2.90€) or a ÖBB Railjet

- RJ Innsbruck - Verona 15:24 - 18:58 3€ reservation + 10€ passholder supplement

- (RV Verona - Venice 19:22 - 20:50)

If you want to leave later you'll have to spend the night before Verona/Venice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sorry @thibcabe  I meant I can leave Prague tomorrow afternoon around 5-6PM for Verona or any other location that can take me to Venice the next day by 29th AM. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well then you have a single option as I said:

- RJ to Vienna (3€ optional but very recommended reservation) and then NJ to Verona/Brescia.

Departure at 14:44, unavoidable.

Book ASAP. Otherwise you'd have to take Flixbus or similar... (not included in the pass).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

How about this option? @thibcabe 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The second night train is full (Salzburg - Venice) and do you really want to not sleep at all during the night? Those 5 min and 11 min connections are also almost impossible (thanks Rail Planner...).

I looked at all options, don't worry. Apart from the Vienna - Verona NJ you could spend the night in Innsbruck or Villach.

Option 1:

- EC/bus Prague - Linz 14:21 - 18:06

- RJX Linz - Innsbruck 18:45 - 21:44 or later

Then regional trains the following morning and you're in Venice by 2pm.

Option 2:

- same to Linz

- RJX Linz - Salzburg 18:45 - 19:53 or later

- ICE Salzburg - Villach 20:12 - 22:44 or later

- night

- D Villach - Udine 10:07 - 11:54

- R Udine - Venice 12:09 - 13:59

Also arrival at 2pm. Direct RJ from Villach a bit later.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@thibcabe what about this option via Vienna? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@thibcabe , sooo I am going to Vienna from Prague on 14:44 train RJ 371 (already in the train) and will take night flixbus (€60 each) to Venice arriving at 8am. All worked out well. 

for the Zurich - Paris I booked from raileurope $64 total as you suggested. Thanks for helping me out man