Solved

Seat Reservation fares - discrepancy between Raileurope & Eurail

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Hi there, 

I am currently planning on my trip between Lyon part dieu and Nimes Centre, when I intend to purchase the seat reservation for train timing 1827-1950 from Nimes > Lyon, I found out there is a fare difference in the seat reservation between Eurail & raileurope:

Eurail - 12 Euro (I am aware that I will only pay 10 euro if I book from raileurope)

raileurope - 24 euro 

I did select Eurail Global 2nd Class Pass in the front page. 

Refer to below 2 screenshots and need your adv.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 23 April 2024, 16:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Raileurope seems allright. The SNCF sells seat reservations in two batches, an early bird version of 10 EUR per seat when booking in advance when the trains have plenty of availability, and 20 EUR per seat when a certain passenger number threshold has been reached.

The Eurail website says clearly prices from 12 EUR. So I think you’ll eventually pay the same I guess, when proceeding in the bookings.

Badge

Hi Brendan,

I see, ok understand now.  

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From the screenshot of the Eurail website, we can see that you are not logged in there. That means you don't see real prices and real availability. To see those, you need to log in.

Badge

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Logged in both, and found same result.  Anyway, I have made reservation for an earlier timing @ 10 euro, for my return train to Lyon.

Thanks for both your feedback.

Regards,