Solved

Unable to reserve seats on ICE 315 from Bruxelles-Nord to Koeln HBF - "Sorry, something went wrong"

• 18 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to reserve 4 seats on ICE 315 from Bruxelles-Nord to Koeln HBF on Saturday July 13, 2024, departing at 12:34pm. When I go through the seat reservation process on the eurail website, add the seat reservations to my cart, I run into an error at the “Review your order” stage:

“One of the legs of your journey could not be booked.”

and

“Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later or find another connection. This connection will be removed from your cart.”

I’ve tried this with both Safari and Chrome and run into the same error each time. I’m wondering if this is likely just a temporary website glitch, or if this way is not going to work for these trains?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 18 January 2024, 08:23

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You better make the reservation through DB for 4,90 EUR per person and no booking fee, and not through Eurail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also possible to book them through https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket (3€ per person per train). Without seat selection though but the system will sit you next to each other. :)

Eurail is rarely the best place to book, mainly due to extra fees (2€ per person per train quickly add up!). Have a look at https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Questions welcome

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Tickets.oebb.at should also work. At €3 per seat, that's also much cheaper than via Interrail.

Thanks everyone - this is really helpful information. Appreciate the links. I successfully made the seat reservations through the DB website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I successfully made the seat reservations through the DB website.

That's great. It seems DB have finally managed to make this possible via their website (and app I assume). Until now, separate reservations could not be made this way if they were mandatory.

@seewulf 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's great. It seems DB have finally managed to make this possible via their website (and app I assume). Until now, separate reservations could not be made this way if they were mandatory.

@seewulf

It works for Bryssels but not for Amsterdam.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf

It works for Bryssels but not for Amsterdam.

I was a bit too fast indeed. For both Brussels and Amsterdam to Frankfurt, I can now get to the payment page (on my PC). IC Amsterdam-Berlin, EC Berlin-Prague, ICE Frankfurt-Vienna and ECE Munich-Zurich don’t work. So it seems to depend on the specific train services.