Solved

App appears offline, cannot access MyPass

Similar to another post without proper answer. My Eurail app keeps saying that "It looks like you are offline. Go online to see your passes", when I try to view my pass (QR code). The internet on my phone is working fine (both WiFi and mobile data). I have restarted the app, restarted my phone, disabled the app and enabled it, but still getting the same error when trying to access my pass. I have reached out to customer support with no answer. Can I get my mobile pass turned into a paper pass to end this nightmare? Any other suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 10 March 2022, 11:43

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You may be able to change your pass into a paper pass but that's only possible via customer service and will take some time (to send the paper pass).

Requests are prioritised for urgency, e.g. people currently travelling with a problem are more urgent than people who have not started their trip. When did you contact customer support and how?

Hey @rvdborgt, thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently travelling, had made all my journeys/trips in advance and when I went to load my QR codes today it gave me the offline prompt. I contacted customer service via the link on the original post on this same issue this morning. No response yet, said it would be within 48 hours however that is cutting it extremely close to my first transit.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Dyck, this might have been a glitch. I see our Customer Support has been able to assist and resolve the issue by de-activating the Passes so it it could be connected again. Enjoy your trip! 

Similar to another post without proper answer. My Eurail app keeps saying that "It looks like you are offline. Go online to see your passes", when I try to view my pass (QR code). The internet on my phone is working fine (both WiFi and mobile data). I have restarted the app, restarted my phone, disabled the app and enabled it, but still getting the same error when trying to access my pass. I have reached out to customer support with no answer. Can I get my mobile pass turned into a paper pass to end this nightmare? Any other suggestions? 

One of my passes has exactly the same problem, it’s been 4 days since my husband [user of the pass] contacted support with no feedback. We’re traveling tomorrow in less than 18 hours and now we cannot even see his QR pass in the app. We need urgent help to solved this as soon as possible. As I mentioned, we travel tomorrow and we already paid the reservation seats!!! Help!!! 

@Nanja is really urgent to have an answer! The mail support haven’t reply back to us!!! Is really urgent! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Amita, I replied to your topic here:

@Nanja I'm having the same issue as Dyck, however customer support has de-registered my account so I could redeem it again, but it still doesn't work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja I'm having the same issue as Dyck, however customer support has de-registered my account so I could redeem it again, but it still doesn't work. 

1. Check if there's an app update. Current app version is 23.2.0; check via More, scroll to the bottom. If you have a lower version, please update and try again.
  2. If that doesn't work, go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. That won't solve the problem but will generate logs can can help customer service.
  3. Do you have Android or iOS? Which version?
  4. Then contact customer service again to say you still have the same problem so you still need a solution. Give them all details (include screenshots of any error messages) and tell them when you need the pass.

I have the same problem!!! My app it's not connection. "It looks like you're offline..." But my connection mobile it's ok and wi-fi also it's ok.

Help me!!! I'm going travel in 2 hours!!!

Badge

Hello @Nanja / @rvdborgt I am having the same issue as in this post. I wrote to Customer Service explaining that I am having a lot of issues with roaming in UK so I bought a new Pre-paid SIM Card and I got to borrow an unlocked iPhone, but the Mobile Passes for us are still tied to my USA Phone Number. This morning, I woke up and the Passes are gone from my USA Phone but I cannot add them to the UK Phone either (it says I am Offline). Now I cannot get my Mobile Passes. 

I the Eurail website, it still shows the USA phone number associated to the passes. What do you recommend? We leave today for France (via Ferry as our Eurostar has been cancelled due to strikes), so tomorrow super early we are supposed to take the train from Calais to Paris, and start the other legs of the trip via Train, but cannot use the Global Passes. Need Urgent Help, please.

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nanja is not in this community anymore. And the best is to start a new post. But anyway:

Your pass is not linked to a phone number but to a device (IMEI number).

If you haven't activated your pass yet, or if you can still deactivate it, then you should be able to activate it on another device. Activated passes can only be moved with the help of customer service (mention pass number and the date when you need the pass).

A device needs internet (with a stable connection) to be able to activate the pass. If that doesn't work and it still says you're offline, then:

1. Check if there's an app update. Current app version is 26.10.0; check via More, scroll to the bottom. If you have a lower version, please update and try again.
  2. If that doesn't work, go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. That won't solve the problem but will generate logs can can help customer service.
  3. Do you have Android or iOS? Which version?
  4. Check the device settings.
  5. Then contact customer service. Give them all details (include screenshots of any error messages) and tell them when you need the pass.
Badge

Hi @Nanja thanks for the feedback.  I cannot find a way to get the pass in the UK device. This is so frustrating, unnecessary stress all along the start of the vacation because it has been so complicated to set this up, to understand how this works. Now it seems like it is gonna be a struggle all the way, if we even get to use the Passes at all. Terrible idea to get the Eurail Passes….

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ndimare Have you followed all the advice from @rvdborgt in his reply above?

Is your UK phone working properly with roaming in the UK so that you have full access to Internet?

Badge

Hi @AnnaB Yes,  it is working, I can access internet, web browsing, etc.  Download apps. Check Email. But the Eurail App is not working on that Uk phone with my Pass. We are freaking out already, as we need to leave today to Paris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you checked all the steps suggested above by rvdborgt?

Exactly when do you get the error message? Can you post screen shots where you have deleted any personal information.

Badge

Hi @AnnaB When I go in the Mobile App in the UK Phone (with the UK SIM Card. that I got) I go into MyPass and click Add Pass, select the option “Mobile Pass” and Next, I put in my LastName and Phone Number and then click on “Add this Pass” and then I get a message saying:

Go inline and try again. - It looks like you’re offline. Please check your connection and try again.

The connection is Ok, and I still see when i go in the Eurail website and check my Order Details that the Passes are still associated to the USA phone number. Should I try to re-add the passes to my USA Phone? 

One more question, when we go from one country to another (by Train) let’s say from France to Italy, is there anything else to be done when passing through the border?

Many thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can't you just put the pre paid UK SIM in your US phone? 

Badge

Hi @AnnaB , no because the US Phone is SIM Locked by T-Mobile. That was the idea ta the beginning, but then  found out the phones are locked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you gotten any message from Eurail Support saying that they have disconnected the pass from you US phone?

You can try to contact Eurail Support through Facebook or Twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have you tried the basic steps such as restarting the phone and deleting the eurail app from the phone and re-installing?

Another option would be re-installing the pass on your US phone and connecting it to the internet by setting up the UK phone as a wifi hotspot.

Just FYI, as UK is no longer in EU, check what roaming fees/rates apply to the UK sim when in France and beyond, under EU law operators had to offer inclusive roaming but I know some UK carriers removed this in the last year.

Badge

Hi @AnnaB / @rvdborgt 

Finally I was able to associate the Passes to my new phone (UK iPhone with UK Pre-Paid SIM Card).  have completed two of the three steps. Should I complete the Activation as I am traveling tomorrow very early morning (6.05AM) from Calais, France to Paris, France?

What happens when I crosses the border, for example from France to Switzerland or to Italy? Do I need to go to some sort of Immigration?

Many thanks,

Nuncio

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm glad to hear that you finally got it working. If I were you I'd wait with the activation until tomorrow, especially if you have a flexi pass. 

The immigration will be between UK and France. Once you are within the Schengen area there are normally no further checks.