Solved

booking a ticket for 1eurail ticket holder and 1 NON eurail ticket holder

Show first post

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only see the availability of sests through the Interrail/Eurail website after you have bought the pass.

If you looked at the Interrail/Eurail before you bought the pass you only see the price and this doesn't mean that there are free seats available. 

Badge

you said…. available for passholders at €70 for a reservation from Interrail reservation portal

How do I do that?

Be in possession of a 1st class pass as that is all that is still available.

2nd class seats on this train are still showing as available from Mulhouse France (08.53) - Paris. It is possible to get to Mulhouse from Zurich from the 06.59 changing at Basel SBB

be in possession of a 1st class pass ---- SOOOOOOOOO that wasn’t helpful.

Before I purchased the ticket I also checked the earlier train (highspeed) and there were tickets there.  So as soon as I purchased the ticket I went to “reserve” the ticket I wanted then checked the earlier ticket and BAM -- both were sold out.    HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

you said…. available for passholders at €70 for a reservation from Interrail reservation portal

How do I do that?

Be in possession of a 1st class pass as 1st class seats is all that is showing as still available.

2nd class seats on this train are still showing as available from Mulhouse France (08.53) - Paris. It is possible to get to Mulhouse from Zurich from the 06.59 changing at Basel SBB

Badge

How do I do that?

Badge

yup ---- I did.

7:34 is correct.

It wasn’t full just 10min ago. 

Did you click all the way to the payment page? Otherwise you can't be sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It wasn’t full just 10min ago. 

Did you click all the way to the payment page? Otherwise you can't be sure.

Badge

It wasn’t full just 10min ago.    and how can I make reservations for 70euros if I only have the 2nd class eurail?  

I’m seeing RED right now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There is no 7am Zurich - Paris.

There is a 7.34 direct and this only has 1st class fares left, available for passholders at €70 for a reservation from Interrail reservation portal or full ticket from SNCF at €215. From the seating chart there are only 2 of those left to book.

Badge

4/29 (saturday) depart Zurich 7am  - to Paris

2nd class 

This really seems like a scam.

I wrote an email to your support line and NO response

I wrote a request on this forum and well…….

I called the number on the app and the person on the line said they didn’t know anything about the app.

SOOOO frustrating.  so very frustrating.

HOW am I supposed to trust this service (eurail).  I planned on going somewhere after Paris (on my own) but now how am I supposed to trust this service will work.   my first (very first) attempt and it has failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

-

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please mention date and departure time. Without that we can only guess what the cause could be. TGVs Switzerland-France don't have pass holder quota so if normal tickets can be booked, then there should also be pass holder seats. But there are multiple possible reasons why reservations can fail.

The best way to book would have been to go to the ticket counter and book both the pass reservation and the normal ticket there, so you could be seated together. You can still book the pass reservation at the ticket counter or by phone via SBB or SNCF and mentioned carriage and seat number of the normal ticket and ask for a seat in the neighbourhood.

Badge

OK -- 1st time user here and soooo many issues.

I’m booking a ticket from Zurich to Paris

I have a eurail pass

my partner does not have a eurail pass

I checked and confirmed there were seats for both of us.

I purchased their ticket (full price) via sbb online

I then went to eurail and pressed the purchase button and now it say’s there’s no room on the train.

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about --- what happens if I buy one ticket and there isn’t room for the other person.   

I’m thinking Eurail is a scam.   now I need to go to the train station and see if I can get a refund.

I’ve now checked other times for the train ticket and each one say’s the trains are full from Zurich to Paris (Saturday morning at 6 or 7am)…………..

But SBB say’s there are seats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As you live in Switzerland, any SBB ticket counter will be able to help you and book seats if it is needed

Again we need more info to help you !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

????

There are lots of potential ways of solving your solution but it depends on what country, route train, date, time, class, preferences...

Badge

i must reserve a seat on the train.

my partner must buy a ticket.

what happens if I reserve my seat and they can not buy a ticket

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Eurail is a ticket, only the second person needs  to buy a ticket.

For a more useful answer to your specific situation provide enough information to actually know what it is you require.