Enquiries about Eurail Global Pass (New to Europe)

Dear ALL,

I am Wen Shui, Lee from Malaysia. I am in the midst of understanding the Eurail Global Pass (Flexi) as I am going to visit Europe later. Enquiries below is what come across me when I plan my travel itinerary:

Understood that using Eurail Global Pass, I can enjoy discount when purchase ticket to Jungfraujoch, Switzerland.

Let’s say, I purchase Eurail Global Pass ( Flexi: 4 days in 1 month), I plan to use the pass on 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th of Jul.

And I happen to buy ticket to Jungfraujoch on 3rd Jul via website. Here’s the thing curious me: by online purchase ticket, my global pass ticket is forced to activated on 3rd Jul?

because if this is the case, my plan with 4 days Flexi Global Pass is not sufficient.

Thanks.

Wen Shui, Lee

7th June 2022 

AnnaB 1 year ago

Are you only going to travel in Switzerland? In that case there are better passes that the Eurail to buy.

Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass. You only get a discount on all travels in the Jungfrau-region.

If you share your travel plans here you can get advice on what pass that could be good for you.

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hi,

Can you please help me purchase the best possible pass in Switzerland given the following scenario? Is there any alternate way? I already purchased 5 day Eurail pass.

I arrive at Spiez from Venice on 22nd Oct evening.

I may go to Interlaken also on 22nd Oct. 

On 23rd Oct, from Spiez I would like to visit Jungfraujoch, come back and go to Lucenre the same day.

On 24th Oct, from 24th I would like to visit Mt. Titlis 

On 24th I would like to be back either in Zurich or Geneva. Which one is preferable?

On 25th I would like to return back to Paris (I will use Eurail pass).

Between 23rd to 24th, I can use Eurail pass on any one day. Which day given the above itinerary?

The mountain tickets are very very costly. How can I optimize that? 

I heard Eurail pass should give me some discount on mountain tickets. How can I avail that?

Sorry for too many questions. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Hi mcadv,

“But if you really plan to hurry so much (are these 4 days for these 4 very long trips? you hardly have time for such excursions.” 

No, no. I just put the scenario into example:

If I wanted to enjoy promotion to Jungfraujock-ticket (online purchase) using Eurail Pass on that particular day (the day where i do not plan to use Flexi Pass). Do I have to forced-activate the usage of Global Pass on the day?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Selamat hari, mas. Untuk kereta api: there are many more such railways going up on high mountains in the Swiss-this one is the best known and also by far the costliest (mahal sekali). Other ones are f.e. to Rigi (can even go up+down 2 ways), Pilatus, Monte Generoso-these cost far less and give better diskoun, but still remain pricey-as everything in the Swiss does.

If you google for ´swiss tourist pass´ you will get to a special for Swiss only pass-that includes far more (also the yellow postbsues, local citybus+tram, museums).

But if you really plan to hurry so much (are these 4 days for these 4 very long trips? you hardly have time for such excursions.

Selamat jalan, lah!

Hi AnnaB,

I will be travelling from Germany > Amsterdamn > Belgium > Switzerland. That’s why i am thinking to get Eurail Global Pass Flexi.

Agreed on “Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass” 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you only going to travel in Switzerland? In that case there are better passes that the Eurail to buy.

Going to Jungfraujoch is extremely expensive even with a Eurail pass. You only get a discount on all travels in the Jungfrau-region.

If you share your travel plans here you can get advice on what pass that could be good for you.