Hi everyone, I’m new here, I’m a music student from Uruguay looking for some advice for my upcoming trip.
I’ll stay about a week in Croatia and a week in Germany, and maybe a few days in Austria and Czech Republic. I’m trying to understand what kind of pass or card would be the best option, and I have a few questions:
- Does a Eurail Global Pass include local transport, for example inside one city or connecting smaller cities? When using the tripplaner map in eurail.com, the city of Freiberg is not recognized so I wonder if there’s no connection with that city included in the Pass.
- If the Global Pass includes local transportation, would you recommend getting it, considering that the majority of my train rides will be inside Germany and inside Croatia? Or would it be better to get a BahnCard and pay an extra when I travel between countries?
- Could I get a BahnCard and a 4day Global Pass, so that I use the BahnCard in Germany and the Pass for connections between different countries? Would you recommend that?
- I believe night trains would count as two travelling days for the Pass, if they start before midnight. Is that right?
- As for Croatia, Austria and Czech Republic local transport, what would you recommend I use?
- I’ve noticed there’s different apps to make reservations (and also payments?). Is there any one in particular that you would recommend?
Thank you in advance,
Best answer by raldertonView original