Solved

Global Pass/ S-Bahn

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,I’m thinking of buying a 4 day Global pass:

Day one I will travel from my local station to Birmingham New Street, then to London Euston, then to the Eurostar to Brussels then Change to Düsseldorf.

Day Two and three I will just explore Germany using the ICE and regional trains. 
Then Day Four, I will take the exact same journey as I did on Day one back to the UK.

Will travelling on the S-Bahn and RegionalBahn take away one of my travel days meaning I will have to buy a 5 Day pass or not? 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 21 February 2024, 18:26

View original

3 replies

Of course you are only allowed to travel for free on an activated travel day. So you'd need a travel day for this (but not an additional one if you are taking any other (long distance) trains on that day, too).

But you should check if it's cheaper to buy individual tickets for this. But the price difference between a 4 and a 5 day pass isn't that much, too - so it may be the better (easiest) option to buy a 5 day pass.

Travelling on an S-Bahn with your Eurail or Interrail Pass requires you to fill in a travel day. 
I just saw this, do you mean to put your journey into the planner because people aren’t so hence they get fined, so as long as I put in my planner and do my planned journeys above, I will be fine? 

The rules are clear:

When using any means of transport for free, you need to have an activated travel day.

And you need to put every journey in your planner (even if it’s just a S-Bahn).

As long as you are following these rules, you’ll be fine.