Solved

Interlaken-Grindlewald-Lauterbrunnen

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Are all trains between Interlaken-Grindlewald-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken included in the pass? If i use the pass to travel between these stations would it count as 1 day of travel? I will be staying in Grindlewald and exploring surrounding areas only and not sure if i should use my pass or hire a car which is going to be around £500 including petrol+parking etc.thanks

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 15 January 2024, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

There's a nice link , just type in Google Swiss Rail Companies discounted with Interrail pass

Your near by for Schynige Platte , I think you can get up to Grindelwald, if you've time not far away Zweisemmen to Lucerne over The Golden Line

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should probably find one at the station yes. There are likely also busses to your accommodation, check Google Maps/SBB app (you can enter any address)

Thank you for your reply. Thats great. We are only doing hikes around the area, so would prefer not to hire a car. 

Are taxis easily available in Grindlewald to take us 2-3kms? We can easily walk that but not with suitcases and 2 kids. Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For sure do not rent a car!

Yes they are all included since December 2023 (before it was only a 25% discount). They run every 30 min. Grindelwald - Lauterbrunnen requires an easy change in Zweilütschinen.

Any train would require a travel day yes. Boats on Lake Thun and Brienz are totally included btw!