Solved

Interlaken-Grindlewald-Lauterbrunnen

• 15 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Are all trains between Interlaken-Grindlewald-Lauterbrunnen-Interlaken included in the pass? If i use the pass to travel between these stations would it count as 1 day of travel? I will be staying in Grindlewald and exploring surrounding areas only and not sure if i should use my pass or hire a car which is going to be around £500 including petrol+parking etc.thanks

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 15 January 2024, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For sure do not rent a car!

Yes they are all included since December 2023 (before it was only a 25% discount). They run every 30 min. Grindelwald - Lauterbrunnen requires an easy change in Zweilütschinen.

Any train would require a travel day yes. Boats on Lake Thun and Brienz are totally included btw!

Thank you for your reply. Thats great. We are only doing hikes around the area, so would prefer not to hire a car. 

Are taxis easily available in Grindlewald to take us 2-3kms? We can easily walk that but not with suitcases and 2 kids. Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should probably find one at the station yes. There are likely also busses to your accommodation, check Google Maps/SBB app (you can enter any address)

Userlevel 1
Badge

There's a nice link , just type in Google Swiss Rail Companies discounted with Interrail pass

Your near by for Schynige Platte , I think you can get up to Grindelwald, if you've time not far away Zweisemmen to Lucerne over The Golden Line