Solved

Interrail Pass in Switzerland, can I use here if I stay in Switzerland?

I stay in Switzerland and if I happen to buy “Interrail Global Pass”, can I then use it in Switzerland too, to travel in “Glacier Express”, “Bernin Express” and “Golden Pass” and other regional trains here?

Is there any restriction on using “Interrail Global Pass” in Switzerland if I stay in Switzerland?

Or it has inbound/outbound journey limitis for the country where you stay?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 May 2022, 15:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

INterRail has of course, no need to even ask, same restrictions: it is ONLY available to those who have liegitimate license to stay IN a participating country. Ohterwise its EUrail and that is not discounted now, as its already much older as 50 yrs. That country is overly clear mentioned on top of paper passes

But about anyone who lives in that expensive Swiss and travels a bit more has some kind of SBB/general ABO to cover that

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you are a resident of Switzerland you can only use 2 traveldays in Switzerland. On those days you should travel to and from the border.

If you are a resident of a country outside of Europe you can't buy an Interrail pass. 

Being resident mesns (permanent resident) or resident if one is on work permit for certain time frame, because I am on workpermit in Switzerland. So I shall apply for interrail then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As you have a work permit you should be a legal resident of Switzerland and thus you can buy an Interrail pass. As long as you can prove that Switzerland is your country of residence when you travel you should be fine.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/what-is-my-country-of-residence

You can only travel for 2 days in Switzerland.