Solved

Is there 50% discount on Eurail as it is in the Interrail?

Hi! My name is Sedef, and I am from North Macedonia. This summer I want to travel the EU through interrail and have wonderful adventures. I saw that Interrail is doing a 50% off discount for the passes and I wanted to ask if can non-European citizens benefit from the discount. I also checked the Eurail website for the discount but there is nothing stated about it. Can a buy a pass from Interrail’s website as a non-European citizen instead of Eurail’s website? If you can help me I will be so glad!

I look forward to hearing from you!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 May 2022, 11:20

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is the German 9 euro unlimited travel on public transport available for tourists in June 2022 as I revisit Europe after 20 years.

Thanks your help

Yes, it is. But it is NOT valid on long-distance trains (ICE, EC, IC, Thalys, TGV, ECE, ...) so you will need a lot of time to travel around and the local trains might get very crowded because of this ticket especially on weekends to holiday destinations (Sylt, lake/mountain places in Bavaria, ...).

Sylt is scared of the 9€ ticket tourist. :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Is the German 9 euro unlimited travel on public transport available for tourists in June 2022 as I revisit Europe after 20 years.

Thanks your help

Yes, it is. But it is NOT valid on long-distance trains (ICE, EC, IC, Thalys, TGV, ECE, ...) so you will need a lot of time to travel around and the local trains might get very crowded because of this ticket especially on weekends to holiday destinations (Sylt, lake/mountain places in Bavaria, ...).

Thanks your help

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am Singapore tourist, so can buy the eurail with 50 % discount?

Pls help reply

No the 50% discount is only for Interrail 

I am Singapore tourist, so can buy the eurail with 50 % discount?

Pls help reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Im not sure but I think that Armenia in this case is Eurail, and there is no discount in the moment. 

Hi Angelo, thank you for your guidance.
How about Armenia, can they have a discount? Armenia isn’t listed for Interrail. Can they still get the discount by Eurail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you for your reply Angelo! I found this on the Interrail website: “Only European residents can travel with an Interrail Pass. If you’re a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass.” That’s why I got confused.

Eurail is for people like from the US or China. 

Thank you for your reply Angelo! I found this on the Interrail website: “Only European residents can travel with an Interrail Pass. If you’re a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass.” That’s why I got confused.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes you are allowed because North Macedonia is in Europe (the continent), Interrail has nothing to do with the European Union. Interrail is even accepted from North Macedonian Railways.