Solved

Is there a Greek Islands Mobile Pass?

• 20 May 2022
  • 8 replies

There is an Interrail Greek Islands Pass that is exactly what I am looking for. But the paper pass only arrive in July and my trip is in June. Can we not get a digital version of this ticket? 😱

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 May 2022, 20:25

View original

8 replies

Hey Ana.

Isn’t it 90€ for the 4 day Greek Island Pass?

In any case, if it says 4 travel days and it’s actually 4 trips, then it’s falsely advertised and the answers in the community may need to be corrected. If not falsely advertised, then at least it’s inconsistent, where we have 4 days in one page, and 4 trips on the other due to some error. It’s hard enough to learn how all of this works, now we have inconsistencies as well..

Thank you for replying. But that is incorrect, I reckon. If you are traveling between major islands it is unlikely you will be paying less than 30EUR per trip. And considering you can get 4 trips for 68EUR you can save quite a bit.

@mcadv I thought the 4-day counts as 4 full days, not 4 ferry trips. Someone mentioned it here: 

Then again, I see here that Blue Star Ferries includes only FOUR trips, which is confusing: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/ferries/blue-star-ferries

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 4-trips is hardly worth the money-you pay roughly same as for just normal fares-and then you have much more choice.

The 6-trip includes the boat to ITaly-that may be worthwhile. But also means backtrack the same route for >1000 KMs.

Oh, alright. Nevermind. I was convinced 2 weeks was the standard shipping time. Thank you for taking the time to reply! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have any idea of what it would take more than a month to ship this to Portugal? I find it so odd.

I don't know. Maybe Interrail has bad experience with shipping to (parts of) Portugal? I see they predict 2 July, so 6 weeks from now. The same date for Germany or the UK. But even if I choose Belgium, it's 27 June (still more than 5 weeks). The Netherlands (which I suppose the pass will be sent from) would be 17 June, which is still a ridiculous 4 weeks.

Do you have any idea of what it would take more than a month to ship this to Portugal? I find it so odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, there's no mobile version of the Greek Islands pass.

You could try to order via Deutsche Bahn, via phone: +49 30 2970. Maybe they can ship faster.