Solved

Outbound and inbound- when taking inbound trip, I have my outbound still left?

If I start my trip from Luxemburg next weekend and go to Swizerland and come back to Germany. After that I have spent my inbound trip, right? So, do I have outbound still left and its valid normally after that?? So it doesn’t stop working after I have used inbound? Because I thought to have a break after luxemburg and swizerland and come back to germany. And after a few weeks, I wanna continue my interrail. 

Kind regards, Viljami Laakkonen

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 June 2022, 17:53

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can do whatever you like. The latest moment to add a train is just before you board it.

Or do I have to link all of my journeys before I activate my pass?

Hey, one more question. I have linked one journey now to my pass. Can I add more trips to pass later still?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass won't stop working after you've used one of the inbound/outbound journeys.

Just to make it sure that when I'm using that to come back Germany from Switzerland, it's not stop working. I still have my outbound left but I have used my inbound.

So I can have a short break in my home country, and then continue the interrail, right?

Yeah, I have 2 months unlimited trips ticket. And yes, I would come back to my homecountry and then leave after two weeks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So after my trip, I can continue my trip after a few weeks normally, right? Thank you for your answers.

If it´s with the PassValidity time and you travel just once in your homecountry no problem

So after my trip, I can continue my trip after a few weeks normally, right? Thank you for your answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel on a maximum of 2 travel days in your country of residence. These days can be used any time during the validity of the pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If I start my trip from Luxemburg next weekend and go to Swizerland and come back to Germany. After that I have spent my inbound trip, right? So, do I have outbound still left and its valid normally after that?? So it doesn’t stop working after I have used inbound? Because I thought to have a break after luxemburg and swizerland and come back to germany. And after a few weeks, I wanna continue my interrail. 

Kind regards, Viljami Laakkonen

If you avoid germany and travel from Luxembourg via France to Switzerland you still have your outbound journey left.