Solved

Outbound and inbound- when taking inbound trip, I have my outbound still left?

If I start my trip from Luxemburg next weekend and go to Swizerland and come back to Germany. After that I have spent my inbound trip, right? So, do I have outbound still left and its valid normally after that?? So it doesn’t stop working after I have used inbound? Because I thought to have a break after luxemburg and swizerland and come back to germany. And after a few weeks, I wanna continue my interrail. 

Kind regards, Viljami Laakkonen

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 June 2022, 17:53

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If I start my trip from Luxemburg next weekend and go to Swizerland and come back to Germany. After that I have spent my inbound trip, right? So, do I have outbound still left and its valid normally after that?? So it doesn’t stop working after I have used inbound? Because I thought to have a break after luxemburg and swizerland and come back to germany. And after a few weeks, I wanna continue my interrail. 

Kind regards, Viljami Laakkonen

If you avoid germany and travel from Luxembourg via France to Switzerland you still have your outbound journey left.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel on a maximum of 2 travel days in your country of residence. These days can be used any time during the validity of the pass.

So after my trip, I can continue my trip after a few weeks normally, right? Thank you for your answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So after my trip, I can continue my trip after a few weeks normally, right? Thank you for your answers.

If it´s with the PassValidity time and you travel just once in your homecountry no problem

Yeah, I have 2 months unlimited trips ticket. And yes, I would come back to my homecountry and then leave after two weeks again.

So I can have a short break in my home country, and then continue the interrail, right?

Just to make it sure that when I'm using that to come back Germany from Switzerland, it's not stop working. I still have my outbound left but I have used my inbound.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass won't stop working after you've used one of the inbound/outbound journeys.

Hey, one more question. I have linked one journey now to my pass. Can I add more trips to pass later still?

Or do I have to link all of my journeys before I activate my pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can do whatever you like. The latest moment to add a train is just before you board it.