Refund - Customer Support not answering

• 11 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear Interrail/Eurail team,

Very sorry to raise my case here but I’m not getting a response from Customer Support.

My case: On Sunday, April 3rd, I purchased a pass in order to travel to France and Spain. The day after I recognised that I can’t make any reservations due to sold out trains. Finally, after a member of your community advised against your product with regards to my destinations I decided to cancel my pass.

The same day I wrote a message to Customer Support (via form) since apparently I want to have a 100% refund. I raised my case early enough and didn’t make use of your product. I already received the obligatory 85% refund but I’m still waiting for a response from Customer Service regarding the remaining 15%. Again, I don’t want to pay for a service that I never received.

The cancellation of my Interrail/Eurail pass created a huge overhead for me. I had to entirely re-organise my trip, cancel hotel reservations, book a plane and writing you messages. There’s a big gap between the ideal world advertised on the Interrail homepage (which led me to buy your product) and reality. The illusion of availability is misleading people like me.

I’d be glad if a Community Manager could reach out to me via DM in order to solve my case.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ach jein doch. Hättest du sofort zur DB gegangen und dort die Pass im alten Stil auf Papier gekauft (so wie ich gerade heute benutze in GB) so hätte mann alles auch sofort nach DE recht!! beklagen können.

Es wird, so vermute ich, bloss bei ein Schulterzucken und ´so ist das ja´. Und am schluss die 85% oder was es ja auch is vergutet bekommen.

Na ja-es scheint das 9€ monatsticket kommt doch im sommer-kannste schon richtig gut sparen

@Nanja Very sorry for calling you in directly but it's more than two weeks now and I still haven't received an answer from Customer Support. I raised three requests using the Zendesk form but all of them remain unanswered. I kindly ask you to take a look into my case. I'm happy to share the details with you via message. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Nanja Very sorry for calling you in directly but it's more than two weeks now and I still haven't received an answer from Customer Support. I raised three requests using the Zendesk form but all of them remain unanswered. I kindly ask you to take a look into my case. I'm happy to share the details with you via message. 

Hi, Our customer service is experiencing a high number of help requests, that might be why you haven't received an answer yet. I'm very sorry about that. Be reassured that they will look into your case as soon as possible. Have a lovely evening,