Badge

10:33

Badge

It’s 9708

Badge

Thx you my phone has 2% battery 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

14:17 tomorrow it leaves Nimes, I can’t find my train number leaving Nimes to book a reservation, different ones, train switch would be very fast. 

That’s TGV 9708, departing Barcelona Sants at 1033, arriving Paris 1718.

It arrives in Nîmes at 1417 and departs at 1421. There’s availability via the B-europe link above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you’re on TGV 9708 or 9704, arriving in Paris Gare de Lyon 1718 or 1918, then there’s availability for a reservation from Nîmes in both classes at €20.

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Badge

14:17 tomorrow it leaves Nimes, I can’t find my train number leaving Nimes to book a reservation, different ones, train switch would be very fast. 

Badge

Any point talking to the Spain conductor, wait for France conductor or talk to both? 

Badge

Thanks for the reply. That’s what I figured, I was hoping for a miracle, lol.  

Cheers, Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem is that you don’t have a reservation on the train you want to take after Nîmes. Even if you do have a reservation to ‘Paris’, even if the price would have been the same.

Strictly, you would have a problem if the conductor checked your reservation. And Nîmes to Paris is a long way to try travelling without a reservation. Saying that, I’v been on the wrong TGV before (accidentally) and the conductor was not happy, but he didn’t charge me anything. I had to stand in the bar, because there were no seats.

There should be availability for a new reservation at €20, unless the train is completely sold out. What time do you want to go?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

No. You have only reserved to Nimes, the most likely scenario is that the seat you booked will also have a booking for someone else from Nimes - Paris who will be expecting the seat to be empty.

As you have another reservation to Paris Airport? (CDG I’m assuming) you can use this and then use local trains to Paris.

You can always approach the train staff before Nimes, show them your pass and reservations and ASK if there are any free seats you could take to stay on the train, they may or may not allow you to stay on.

Badge

I should mention. The reservation to Nimes or Gare de Lyon is the same price. I have paid enough. Couldn’t make a new reservation, not available. After Nimes only one more stop before Gare de Lyon.