Solved

The pass cover number is wrong, again

• 14 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve contacted customer support twice now and still had no response. And I urgently need to book tickets.  I bought a first class three month global pass, and when I first tried to book it seemed that  the pass cover number was incorrect. So Eurail sent me a new number. But still no booking agency, either Eurail or the French site, will accept this new pass number.  I”ve tried every combination of numbers from the ticket and it just says “Your pass number looks incorrect” .

Is there any way to get actual help with this issue?  I can’t start travelling until it is sorted. Am pretty upset about this. 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 14 March 2022, 13:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A Eurail pass cover number is an E followed by 8 digits.

1. Which exact train are you trying to book? (origin, destination, date, departure time)?
  2. On which site(s) are you trying?
  3. Do you have a mobile or a paper pass?

I don't know of any French site that can book pass reservations (and wants a pass cover number; although I know a Belgian one) but if you're currently in France and want to book a train in France (or from France to another country), then the best is to go to a ticket office. That way, you don't pay any booking fees either.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your response.

I’m trying to book Eurostar from London to Brussels and was using the Eurail website and then tried the one recommended by man in seat 61 which was labelled by him as Belgian but is actually French I think.   I”m in Australia and leave on Thursday… so booking in person isn’t possible  yet!!

I have the old pass cover number and the new one they gave me, both E and 8 digits.  A paper pass.

Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK, seat61 indeed mentions a Belgian website (b-europe = Belgian railways’ international department) and they indeed want a pass cover number for ordering online (and charge 4 € extra per order). You can also call them. They'll send the reservation by email and there's no booking fee but phone costs instead.

@Nanja @Leo could you please make sure that a working pass cover number is provided? I gather the provided ones don't even work on the Eurail website and that should not be the case.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, you are right, it was B-europe.   I tried calling  from Australia,  which is expensive to say the least,  but got cut off after a long wait. 

I appreciate your input, rvdborgt!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you are right, it was B-europe.   I tried calling  from Australia,  which is expensive to say the least,  but got cut off after a long wait.

At the time you called, they wouldn't have been open yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also I am now unable to log into my account.  It keeps telling me that my email or my password ‘isn’t right’.   Am really very angry about this whole debacle with eurail.   There is no response at all from customer service.  Does customer service even exist????   Any suggestions from anyone at all, please?  thank you. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am seriously upset by this. Having spent what is for me a huge amount of money and not able to use the pass….. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Juliadbau, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Pass Cover number and log in. One of our Customer Support agents will get back to you in the next half an hour via the channel you contacted them to assist you with the issues you are experiencing. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! If I don’t reply asap it is because it is getting late here in Australia.