Solved

Travel day Clarification

• 8 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Dear Friends,

I am planning to leave from Salzburg to Rome in nightjet train.

I have two questions on this.

1. As I am making the reservation directly on obb website with the global eurail pass discount how am I supposed to enter the travel pass in the eurail app.

2. My journey starts at approx 10:00 pm and ends next day morning 10:00am without any train change so as per the travel day definition I will be charged for 1 travel day. But the ""Note: you cannot use your Eurail Pass to take a night train on your last travel day as the validity period will expire at 23.59"" what's the last travel day mean... kindly help

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 December 2022, 07:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

1 I don’t understand what you are asking in this question.

You reserve a seat/couchette/sleeper on OBB website using interrail/eurail as discount to get the correct rate.

You then add the train to your pass in eurail app just like with any other train,

1. The validity of your pass ends at 23.59 on the last valid day, you cannot use it to travel into the next day, this is only allowed during the validity of the pass, not after the end of validity.

Thank you for your response.

I have purchased 5 days in a month eurail global mobile pass.

I am taking night jet train as my 5th travel day. Even though I have not completed 1 month after activation.

So will I be able to use the pass for nightjet train ..as the note in eurail website says: Note: you cannot use your Eurail Pass to take a night train on your last travel day as the validity period will expire at 23.59. .

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@2; daft simple-the whole pass ends on the very last day of its validity at midnight-if that is f.e. today=8/12, then you canNOT use the overnite bonus anymore start this evening-would have need to do that yesterday. You could use also today for daytime trains-but last stop would also need to be before 23.59-or pay for normal ticket from that stop for onward (may cost you an awful lot more as expected).

Thank you once again for a fast response.

I feel embarrassed ask it again about the last day of validity.. what does that mean if I have taken 5 days within 1 month pass.

Option 1: does last day of validity means the 5th travel day eg, I use first to forth day for travel day trips within first week of activation and say 10th day after activation in the month I use the nightjet train and arrive next day i.e 11day after activation.. will this situation cover for only 1 travel day and the pass is valid or as it is 5th day I cannot use nightjet train.

Option 2:

Last day of validity apply means 30th day of the month after activation.

I will really be thankful to your kind response.

Thank you so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you have a 5 day in a month pass your pass is valid from say 24th of November to 23rd of December. During this period you can travel on 5 different travel days.

In my example, if you travel by night train the last possible date to board a night train is the 22nd of December as the arrival date of the night train must be no later than the 23rd of December, which is within the 1 month validity of the pass.

That is very clear answer.

Thank you so much