Solved

Use of 'Pass network only' feature in Rail Planner app

Badge +1

Hi

Could you please help understand the use of ‘pass network only’ feature in rail planner app.

case A: I was searching Direct trains from Paris to Amsterdam for 20.05.2024 and with ‘pass network only’ disabled, I can see EUR 9315 at 08.25 from Paris reaching Amsterdam at 11.44. But when ‘pass network only’ enabled, app doesn't show the train!

case B: I then tried putting off Direct filter and can see EUR 9315 from Paris (at 08.25 )  to Bruxelles (9.47) → change in train → IC 9231 from Bruxelles (10.44) to Amsterdam central (13:32)

Does that mean I cannot use above direct train as in case A with EUrail/interrail pass?

TIA

Regards

icon

Best answer by Angelo 1 April 2024, 13:32

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are getting yourself all worked up unnecessarily. The “pass network only” feature is giving garbage results, the solution is to leave it turned off.

Your pass is valid, you have the correct reservations, just leave the app on the default settings, add the train and stop worrying.

You DO NOT use any screenshots of the app or website when travelling, you add your trains and the active pass will show a “QR” code and ticket when you select the “My Pass” section of the app. This has an active clock to show it is live and not a screenshot.

Reservations fulfilled by e-mail or otherwise electronically can be shown on phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Answer : don't use Rail Planner for planning. It's unreliable and shows wrong info.

Use DB Navigator app for example -> connected to the European database.

Your pass is valid on Eurostar trains, however reservations are required (32€) and there is a passholder quota. Book as soon as possible

There are ways to save money but it will take longer. Possible to be more flexible that way too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Trip2EU 

Here is a screenshot of my personal App with the filters you suggest.

In any case, your Global Pass covers the Eurostar, so I would not worry about that. If you have the seat reservations, please show it together with the QR code generated from the App. 

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Trip2EU 

I will share this feedback to the App Team. 

Thank you!

Badge +1

Could someone help here please? I will be travelling with my family; I am really worried i may not have to pay hefty fees due to wrong selection of journey and this bug… FYI - I have updated the app today (10/05) and its showing last Timetable updated 2 May 2024. But in interrail website version I can see 8 May 2024. Are app and website timetable/data not in sync? Out of two mobile screenshots below, which one i should use for my journey for 08:25 on 20thMay? I already have seat reservations booked (from Eurostar website) for 08:25 EUR 9315 train from Paris Nord -→ Amsterdam Central. TIA

https://www.interrail.eu/ 

Website Screenshot on 10/05, showing 8 May timetable (here ‘no pass network only’ feature?)

App updated on 10/05,

showing 2 May timetable and with ‘Pass network only’ OFF, I can see

direct EuroStar at

08:25

(but this is not in pass network!)   

•  

App updated on 10/05,

showing 2 May timetable

and with ‘Pass network only’ ON, I cannot see

DIRECT EuroStar for Amsterdam at 08:25 !!

•  

Badge +1

You are getting yourself all worked up unnecessarily. The “pass network only” feature is giving garbage results, the solution is to leave it turned off.

Your pass is valid, you have the correct reservations, just leave the app on the default settings, add the train and stop worrying.

You DO NOT use any screenshots of the app or website when travelling, you add your trains and the active pass will show a “QR” code and ticket when you select the “My Pass” section of the app. This has an active clock to show it is live and not a screenshot.

Reservations fulfilled by e-mail or otherwise electronically can be shown on phone.

Thanks @Al_G .. sure I will turn off the pass network only feature.. refering to screenshot I meant to say what journey in screenshot I should go with.. I am not going to carry screenshots :)..

still wondering what is use of pass network only feature if that is not working properly !

Badge +1

@Camilo. Thanks for reverting. Not sure what is the issue. I have updated app then also it still same for me. I am on Android not sure if that is making difference.

Anyways I have taken your and @Al_G  advice and will add the Eurostar directly without any filters. Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Trip2EU 

I see that this was indeed a bug. It's already fixed in the App. 

Have a nice day!

Badge +1

@Camilo. Thanks!!  There is one thing to notice, for your app there is no country showing with station name, but for me it's showing... eg "Paris Nord" for you and "Paris Nord (France)" for me. So definitely there is some data difference.

Badge +1

Hi @Trip2EU 

I see that this was indeed a bug. It's already fixed in the App. 

Have a nice day!

Hi @Camilo.  With 'direct train'  and 'pass network only' filter on, I cannot see Eurostar train.(eur 9315) from Paris to Amsterdam. Not sure if this still a bug?

TIA

Badge +1

Thanks for reply @thibcabe . So I can sit in same Eurostar (EUR 9315 ) all the way from Paris to Amsterdam with Interail/Eurail pass (with seat reservation, offcourse !) ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Trip2EU 

Thank you for the feedback. Can you please try once more? I see that it is working in my App. 

Badge +1

@Camilo. Thanks for reply, I hope you're putting pass network only' on as I still don't see any direct euro trains showing from Paris to Ams central.with 'pass network only' on. I have update the app just now. I already booked seat reservation for 9315 from Paris to Amsterdam, in such case if app is not showing in pass network, what journey should I save to my pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes. Eurostar is included in Interrail but it has only a quota for pass travelers that can sell out soon.