Skip to main content
Solved

What am I allowed to do? (travel back and forth 1 travel day? Galway to Liverpool allowed?)

• 18 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Dear Interrail-Community,

I have 2 questions concerning my internal, since I haven't found any answers to these yet. I purchased the 10 days interrail within 2 months.

1. Is it possible to write down the trip from Galway to Liverpool? The journey will be interrupted by the ferry from Ireland to England. However is it still possible that I use the train from Galway to Dublin and then from Holyhead to Liverpool?
  2. Additionally is it also possible to travel pack and forth within one travel day? For example from Rome to Neapel and from Neapel back to Rome? Is that seen as one travel day (if its only for a day trip)?

Thank you very much for your help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15
  1. You would write down then Galway - Dubllin and then Holyhead - Liverpool (Each train you take have to be written down for paper version of the pass or must be connected to your pass if you use the mobile pass )

2. Yes it´s possible :) Note for Italian Highspeed Trains you need a extra reservation of 10€ per train/seat and you can´t use the Italo Highspeed services (Currently just the La Freece trains of Trenitalia are included ) 

Thank you very much for your help! I have the mobile version! For question number 2 what will I write down for that journey? Is Rome – Neapel fine also for the journey back on the same day? 

Thanks again! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you very much for your help! I have the mobile version! For question number 2 what will I write down for that journey? Is Rome – Neapel fine also for the journey back on the same day? 

Thanks again! :) 

In Case of Number 2 you write down Rome - Neapel & Neapel - Rome :) As you have a mobile pass you just have to add these two journey´s to your pass :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Use NAPOLI instead=the official name in ITalian!

Note that I just read a week or so ago that there is now a NEW berth/port for the IE-HHd ferry and a complicated BUS is needed to reach it. DO inform yourself and double check you an make it all in 1 day! Also not all daily ferries have that BUSconnection anymore!

On trainforums.co.uk, INTernational= a very broad /en/ railway fans forum)