Solved

Which Postal address to return pass for refund?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot make the trip and have to return my paper pass. The refund procedure on the website also worked well, I received my refund number and now only have to send the ticket, but I now have two different addresses. For days I have not received an answer as to which address I should send the ticket to.

There is the return label that came with the tickets, with the address:
Eurail. B.V., Int. Business Return Service, I.B.R.S./C.C.R.I. No.7, 3500 ZA Utrecht (NL).

However, on the website I was told a different address after the process was completed:
Eurail. B.V., Pass refund, P.O. Box 2338, 3500 GH Utrecht (NL)

Can you help me? I have to send the ticket by tomorrow.

David

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 20 August 2022, 09:43

View original

7 replies

I have contacted customer service with the same question. They are super slow at responding and need to send it back as soon as possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Being dutch myself-but never looked into this: the 2nd one (postal box), the 1st one makes no sense for postal mail service. I guess your country also has postboxes for companies?

Thank you. Yes, in Germany PO Boxes are quite common for companies.

The second one (PO Box) also looks more sensible to me. But as I said, the return label looked like this:

This might also be helpful:

“Your Pass is returned to us before the first day of validity (as per shipping date on postal stamp on return envelope) OR has been endorsed ‘NOT USED’ by railway staff BEFORE the first day of validity. ”

I think I will rather have the ticket stamped as "Not used" by a railway employee before I send it off.

@David_77 did you end up sending it back? If so which address did you use? Thanks in advance!

Hi Thea,

I’ve used the second address (po box) and hope, this will work out. Before sending it, I had a railway employee confirm it as unused and photographed it for security.
all the best, David

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, both addresses can be used to reach us. We do prefer that you use the shipping label since it will exempt you from needing to pay additional postage fees and it streamlines the refund process for us.