Hi to everyone! We are a family of 3 & plan to get the EuroRail Pass to cover different countries in Europe. We plan to get 1st class (for cross border routes) & 2nd class (for within the country routes). May I get clarifications & suggestions on the following:
- If the route does not require seat reservation, will we still need booking or reservation for the trip? Or we can just board the train & choose any seats. In such case, how do we know the seats are not reserved?
- Can seat reservations be done done online (unless otherwise specified)?
- There are some routes that require some kind of “tariff or supplemental fee” How much are these generally and where can these fees be seen.
- There are some routes with limited EuroRail allocation. How can we ensure we can get into such trip using the EuroRail pass.
- In case you miss the train where you have a seat reservation, can you use it for another time slot?
- Is it advisable to make the seat reservation considering the cost? What are the chances we will still be able to get seats without reservation.
Sorry, it’s quite long. Thanks in advance. Keep safe.