Solved

How to use a pass on fully booked trains

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From Kalmar you then take this train to Köpenhamn. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

From Linköping you can go to Kalmar with this train.

Badge

thank you soo much for the advise!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The first connection to Linköping that doesn't require a reservation leaves at 11.40. Mälartåg to Katrineholm and change there for a train to Linköping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To travel from Stockholm to Copenhagen you need to split the trip and travel with train companies that don't require reservations.

Use Mälartåg or SJ regional train to Linköping. From there you can go to Kalmar and then you should find a connection to Malmö I hope. From Malmö you take Öresundståg to Köpenhamn. 

My advice is that you ASAP get on the first train to Linköping that doesn't need a reservation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have learnt lesson nr 1. Never activate your pass until just before boarding the first train of your travel. Don't do it in advance. 

Är du med i den här FB gruppen?

https://m.facebook.com/groups/tagsemester/

Här finns ett dokument hur man tar sig från Köpenhamn till Hamburg om man inte har bokade platser.

Det viktigaste idag är att ni tar er ut ur Sverige så att ni inte förlorar er utresedag i Sverige. Om ni tar er till Köpenhamn idag så kan ni där fundera på hur ni tar er vidare. Det kommer att ordna sig. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If trains are full, try via website of the train company SJ.se but also Snaltoget to reserve. Try to book a seat and but as discount Interrail. Cover . Both accept Interril. Also possible is to ride to Göteborg and from there with Öresundtog wich are reservation free to Copenhagen.