Solved

Problem finding trips from Milano to Tirano

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I also want to go to Tirano from Milan in August, and have just checked the timetable again. Now she's full, and yes, how stupid, it's from Collico with a bus which makes the connection 40 minutes longer.

Why do they do this in the summer 😤😫

I wonder if you can still train directly to Tirano from another station?

Unless @Angelo @seewulf @rvdborgt come with a different route, I will look for a destination other than the Bernina express. Well with a lot of pain in the heart!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There is also a direct bus to Lugano run by RHB - Bernina Express. You have to reserve a seat.

Badge +1

I also got frustrated trying to figure this out, installing apps from all rail companies in Italy,.. 

Another post on the forum mentions: there are works on the line this summer and the schedule is not released yet.

It's TRENORD who runs the trains in that line.

Probably no trains going to tirano Jul/Aug 22, but a bus service instead.

We can only wait for news I guess 

I also booked Bernina and need to in one day:  Bernina to st moritz, st moritz back to Tirano, then onto Milano and on to Genoa

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can find on Trenitalia.com website the timetable only for a train to Colico and from there a train replacement bus to Sondrio and from there a second train replacement bus to Tirano. But only at 18:20. This is only in June and August, in September (10th) all trains are back in the timetable. 

It looks like the lines is closed in summer due to works on the line and the final bus replacement timetable is not jet online. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner app is the last place to look for reliable schedules. It is offline and only updated about once per month. National websites are more reliable and up to date. For international planning, the DB planner or DB Navigator app is good (updated twice per week).

For Italy, the best source is www.trenitalia.com. In addition, the summer timetable in Italy has not been published completely yet (the Italians are always late with that) and it seems that data is largely still missing from 26 June onwards. You can get an idea though by looking at dates before 26 June on the same day of the week. But do verify the times once the summer timetable is available.