Solved

Problem finding trips from Milano to Tirano

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to get the underpass of the Italian train station to get on the opposite side of the station, where the replacement bus starts. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Okay, I've thought it through again, and also looked at the route through google maps because I'm carsick.

And I will now take up the challenge by bus, provided I can be reassured about the reputation of the bus company that will operate this connection.

It is so beautiful that I am willing to take the long bus ride for it.

I have asked for information which bus company will operate this ride, and how we can reserve a seat on the bus. Because it will probably be very busy, I think, towards Tirano.
Hopefully we can reserve seats on the bus, and there are no extra costs involved!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

On replacement buses no reservation possible. Only on the Bernina Express Bus Tirano-Lugano is it possible.

Works in Summer are very common, because people that go to work have free days.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

On replacement buses no reservation possible. Only on the Bernina Express Bus Tirano-Lugano is it possible.

Works in Summer are very common, because people that go to work have free days.

Oh noooo, I don't find that reassuring news that you can't reserve seats on a replacement bus service! Because there are guaranteed to be more people traveling on the train from Milan - Tirano than there are places on the bus service.

Or will they have several buses available per trip, so that everyone can immediately join the connecting bus arriving in Colico by train?

Hello. I heve the same problem trying to find a train from Milan to Tirano.

The only way available is train plus Bus in Colico.

But..I’m afraid 8 min connection won’t be enough to take the train outsite the station in Colico, isn’t it?

Att