Solved

Urgent: Pass Cover Number for seat reservation (mobile pass)

Show first post

41 replies

I managed to get my situation resolved by calling the train company direct in Belgium. They were very helpful indeed and allowed me to make the reservation and pay by credit card over the phone.

I initially tried the French Rail company as the whole journey is in France but it is a Belgian train for some reason.  They were insistent that I couldn’t make seat reservations over the phone so it is confusing I’m afraid.

Good luck!

Hello everyone, me and three friends have been planning a train trip through Europe in July. We all have our Interrail mobile passes ready. We have now gotten around to booking seats on some of the trains, but have struggled to book high speed trains from Amsterdam to France on July 6th. The seats seem to be fully sold out on the Interrail website, leaving us the option of instead booking via travel.b-europe.com. However, one member of our group didn’t receive the same confirmation mail as the rest of us - his is lacking the Pass Cover number that is required for booking seats via external non-Interrail websites. We are positive that he bought an Interrail pass and not a Eurail pass. He is the only one of us with this issue and he has not been able to reach Interrail customer support.

Here’s the info about the specific trains I’m trying to book:

Amsterdam Centraal (13:15) - Paris Nord (16:38)

Paris Gare de Lyon (17:37) - Marseille-St-Charles (20:57)

both on date: 06/7 - 2022

They don’t seem to be sold out on b-europe.com, so the only thing stopping me from making the reservations is that I need my friend’s passcover number!

@Magdalena you seem to have been able to help people in the past with this issue, is there any chance you could help us as well? We would greatly appreciate any guidance, however small!

Best regards, Edvin

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Eddo 

Make a new post with your travel details please. You will get more help that way.

@AnnaB Will do, thank you for the tip! Were there any additional details I left out that you think may be of importance?

Hello @cakes, @Jricau, @jmad92,

Please send me a private message with your pass Order number (starting with EU or IN) and I will be able to help :)

Cheers!   

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to get the pass cover number from customer support. You can try to ask the chat bot for help.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support

Hi Magalena, we have exactly the same problem. We have 2 mobile passes with 6 digit pass numbers and trying to book seat reservations through b-europe but need a longer pass cover number.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as we can’t get through on any telephone numbers

Hi, I have the same issue with my pass cover number and need it urgently! @Magdalena, could you possibly help?

Hello @Magdalena,

I found a physical SCNF machine at a train station, and managed to buy a seat reservation from there (it didn’t ask for pass info). So I won’t need the “Pass Cover Number” anymore. It was however of course €10 more expensive than what is listed on interrail’s booking reservation site (€30 vs €20 for my trip).

Quite frustrating that we can’t book a reservation on the SCNF’s website, but we can via their machines (albeit at a premium).

Thanks for the reply in any case!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena Hi! Can you help me with the same problem? I need a Pass Cover Number for seat reservation. I already sent a message to custom service, but I did’t receive any answer. My travel starts in one week. Thank you!

@Constantin Onutu 

If you make a new separate post with your travel details you will get advice on how to make reservations without the pass cover number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found a physical SCNF machine at a train station, and managed to buy a seat reservation from there (it didn’t ask for pass info). So I won’t need the “Pass Cover Number” anymore. It was however of course €10 more expensive than what is listed on interrail’s booking reservation site (€30 vs €20 for my trip).

Quite frustrating that we can’t book a reservation on the SCNF’s website, but we can via their machines (albeit at a premium).

30€ sounds like the journey consisted of 2 trains and one of them had no 10€ seats available anymore. Booking this via Interrail would have cost 34€.

If you need a reservation to Barcelona though you need to go to an SNCF ticket office or call SNCF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Magalena, we have exactly the same problem. We have 2 mobile passes with 6 digit pass numbers and trying to book seat reservations through b-europe but need a longer pass cover number.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as we can’t get through on any telephone numbers

There is no phone number for Interrail customer support. Magdalena is off for the weekend. You can ask customer support who should actually be the ones to give pass cover numbers. If you're in a hurry to book, just call SNCF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I initially tried the French Rail company as the whole journey is in France but it is a Belgian train for some reason.  They were insistent that I couldn’t make seat reservations over the phone so it is confusing I’m afraid.

You've been lied to by SNCF staff. I've since seen new messages from people who booked their Interrail reservations via the SNCF phone service. Whose train it is, is irrelevant (but domestic trains in France are not operated by Belgian railways).

Thanks for your reply.

We are brand new to this and have tried hard today to rectify. We have emailed \ tweeted SNCF \ B - Europe and Inter Rail but to no avail.

We have accommodation bookings that are non cancellable after Sunday so we do need to resolve this one way or another over the weekend. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We have accommodation bookings that are non cancellable after Sunday so we do need to resolve this one way or another over the weekend. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Like I said: if you're in a hurry, call SNCF. Press #85 for English, no pass cover number needed, no booking fees, reservation is sent via e-mail. You can check availability via b-europe before calling.

Will do and many thanks indeed for helping.