Solved

Urgent: Pass Cover Number for seat reservation (mobile pass)

I'm trying to make a seat reservation for the TGV 6035 from Paris Gare de Lyon to Montpellier Saint-Roch at 15:12-18:41 on 22/05. The Eurail website says that prices are unavailable for this train. 

If I try to book through travel.b-europe.com instead, there are still some available seats. However, in order to book my seat, the website requests a Pass Cover number in the "Ticket Details" section. Since I have a mobile Eurail pass, I do not have a Pass Cover number and am unable to complete the reservation.

How can I receive a Pass Cover Number? Is there an alternative way to book a seat on this train?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 May 2022, 10:35

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to get the pass cover number from customer support. You can try to ask the chat bot for help.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support

I'm trying to make a seat reservation for the TGV 6035 from Paris Gare de Lyon to Montpellier Saint-Roch at 15:12-18:41 on 22/05. The Eurail website says that prices are unavailable for this train. 

If I try to book through travel.b-europe.com instead, there are still some available seats. However, in order to book my seat, the website requests a Pass Cover number in the "Ticket Details" section. Since I have a mobile Eurail pass, I do not have a Pass Cover number and am unable to complete the reservation.

How can I receive a Pass Cover Number? Is there an alternative way to book a seat on this train?

Hi @dalil, I can help you :)

I sent you a private message. :)

Hi I am in the same situation and need a pass cover number can someone help me please

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Magdalena could you help?

@Magdalena could you help?

Already did. :) 

Hello, I have the exact same issue. Can you help me out as well, @Magdalena?

For some reason, it doesn’t seem to be possible to book via interrail’s booking system right now in France’s TGV/SCNF (e.g. Narbonne → Barcelona, or Strasbourg → Montepellier, or Paris → Lyon, etc), even though the reservation seat price does show up if logged out. I can book via https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv  but it asks for the “Pass Cover Number”

I am in the same situation as all the people above.

I am trying to book TGV trip Paris to St Jean de Luz return trip for Wednesday 29 June and return on 7 or 8 July (haven’t decided yet!) - but it is not allowing me to do so via the interrail website. 

Tickets are currently available at https://travel.b-europe.com/eurail-ge/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

As my family are currently in 2 different mobile interrail pass do I need 2 “Pass Cover Number”?

I hope that you can help me with this issue as soon as possible.

I am also in the same situation if anybody can help. Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

TGVs in, from/to France can also be booked by phone via SNCF (press #85 for English). No pass cover numbers needed, no booking fee, but the call is not free of course (it's a normal phone number though, no premium number). Reservations are sent via e-mail.

Hello @cakes, @Jricau, @jmad92,

Please send me a private message with your pass Order number (starting with EU or IN) and I will be able to help :)

Cheers!   

Hello @Magdalena,

I found a physical SCNF machine at a train station, and managed to buy a seat reservation from there (it didn’t ask for pass info). So I won’t need the “Pass Cover Number” anymore. It was however of course €10 more expensive than what is listed on interrail’s booking reservation site (€30 vs €20 for my trip).

Quite frustrating that we can’t book a reservation on the SCNF’s website, but we can via their machines (albeit at a premium).

Thanks for the reply in any case!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found a physical SCNF machine at a train station, and managed to buy a seat reservation from there (it didn’t ask for pass info). So I won’t need the “Pass Cover Number” anymore. It was however of course €10 more expensive than what is listed on interrail’s booking reservation site (€30 vs €20 for my trip).

Quite frustrating that we can’t book a reservation on the SCNF’s website, but we can via their machines (albeit at a premium).

30€ sounds like the journey consisted of 2 trains and one of them had no 10€ seats available anymore. Booking this via Interrail would have cost 34€.

If you need a reservation to Barcelona though you need to go to an SNCF ticket office or call SNCF.

hi @rvdborgt. FYI if you find it interesting, it was:

Strassbourg → Montpellier (7:00AM) -- interrail shows €10 (if logged out) - the ticket I got from the machine (TGV-inOui) says “price €20”. I’m on the train right now, it’s about maybe just over half-full.

The rest of the trip was Montpellier → Narbonne which shows as €10 on Interrail and Narbonne → Perpignan which shows as free on Interrail. The ticket (same pdf, different pages) has different layout and doesn’t show the price.

I’m still lacking the reservation from Perpignan to Barcelona, but I will take your advice and either find a ticket office or call them. Although I still think something is wrong with interrail’s system as it shows the price (if logged out) but is not bookable (if logged in).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Strassbourg → Montpellier (7:00AM) -- interrail shows €10 (if logged out) - the ticket I got from the machine (TGV-inOui) says “price €20”.

If you're logged out, there is no availability check, so the price you see is not necessarily available.

Hi Magalena, we have exactly the same problem. We have 2 mobile passes with 6 digit pass numbers and trying to book seat reservations through b-europe but need a longer pass cover number.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as we can’t get through on any telephone numbers

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Magalena, we have exactly the same problem. We have 2 mobile passes with 6 digit pass numbers and trying to book seat reservations through b-europe but need a longer pass cover number.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as we can’t get through on any telephone numbers

There is no phone number for Interrail customer support. Magdalena is off for the weekend. You can ask customer support who should actually be the ones to give pass cover numbers. If you're in a hurry to book, just call SNCF.

Thanks for your reply.

We are brand new to this and have tried hard today to rectify. We have emailed \ tweeted SNCF \ B - Europe and Inter Rail but to no avail.

We have accommodation bookings that are non cancellable after Sunday so we do need to resolve this one way or another over the weekend. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We have accommodation bookings that are non cancellable after Sunday so we do need to resolve this one way or another over the weekend. Any help or advice gratefully received.

Like I said: if you're in a hurry, call SNCF. Press #85 for English, no pass cover number needed, no booking fees, reservation is sent via e-mail. You can check availability via b-europe before calling.

Will do and many thanks indeed for helping.

Have just come off the phone to SNCF but no progress.

They were very efficient but explained they cannot make seat reservations on our behalf. She recommended going to a ticket machine (we are still in the UK!) or the Eurail website. This website says “Prices are unavailable” and that tickets may be sold out. We know this isn’t the case as SNCF told us there are 22 seats available.

Any further ideas gratefully received. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They were very efficient but explained they cannot make seat reservations on our behalf.

Did they say why? Many people have bought their reservations there, so it does not seem to be true.

Which exact train are you trying to book? (origin, destination, date, departure time)

Thanks for the reply. The lady we spoke to was very helpful and spoke good English. However, she reiterasted several times she was unable to help.

The train we are wanting to book is as follows:

TGV 9870 from Lille to Strasbourg at 08.01-11.05 on 26/05

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF can certainly book that train, including over the phone. Price is 20€.

And it's a disgrace that Interrail still haven't solved the bug that prevents their website from showing these 20€ fares.

Maybe it was just the operator we got? I will give them another try.

I do really appreciate you trying to help with this.

Have eventually got through again and I’m getting the same response from a different customer services agent i.e. It is not possible for them to make seat reservations on their system.

They say I must go to a French train station where they will be able to make seat reservations – other than that I just have to hope inter Rail get the website back online by the looks of it.